Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chamers 917

a_sannine

I am hauling this one tomorrow , it has one of the nicest engines out there , unfortunately it is not hydraulic lift ,actually my first 917 with out hydraulic lift  ,

Deck in nice shape , needs TLC

Another one saved

2v9wthl.jpg

Does not have the twin 17 on the engine shroud, so may not be original engine.   But if it is an original I would guess an 81, it looks like a round hat air cleaner, and the 79/80 would have had the oval flat air cleaner, with the air intake coming from the fan shroud (at least what I can see).

By 82 I think most had the deep dish steering wheel.

Good find!

Thanks MikeES for the info , this is a two owner tractor , the guy I bought it from got it from his neighbor when he moved years ago , engine original based on seller never been changed , he also gave me for free this John Deere wagon ,nice heavy steel , unfortunately I couldn't take it as I didn't have my trailer , I just loaded tractor  in my pickup .

mabc7q.jpg

Hi  a_sannine

Nice find,

I also bought  a 917H Allis after Christmas. Mine is in similar shape except my tractor has a problem with a broken hub on the right rear.  I haven't dug into it yet. The owner took it apart and decided it was more than he could handle.  Came with a tiller, snowblower and mower deck. Mine has a 1997 Kohler model KT17 Series II engine in it.  The owner gave me the sales receipt from 1997 for the engine. At the time is was $1199.99 plus tax and shipping.

Keep us posted on your progress..

Dave

• Like 1

11 hours ago, a_sannine said:

Thanks MikeES for the info , this is a two owner tractor , the guy I bought it from got it from his neighbor when he moved years ago , engine original based on seller never been changed , he also gave me for free this John Deere wagon ,nice heavy steel , unfortunately I couldn't take it as I didn't have my trailer , I just loaded tractor  in my pickup .

mabc7q.jpg

Believe I'ld have tied it on somewhere, Deere always seem to fetch a pretty fair price.  Just my $.02

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Believe I'ld have tied it on somewhere, Deere always seem to fetch a pretty fair price.  Just my $.02

That's what I was thinkin'!  I see guys with Deeres strapped to the hood all the time in the fall.d:)

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 1

I could've loaded it on roof rack , I just didn't wanna add another 40 minutes  to my drive to avoid parkway , as I fit the tractor and deck under the cap taking the parkway , I should've loaded it , heavy duty trailer , from 70s guessing .

Dave can u share a photo of ur tractor ? is it a manual lift as well?

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Edited by a_sannine

I got the chance to tinker with it today ,all oils been changed , all greased up , this tractor runs like top , no leaks any where , all it needs a seat and a paint job , for my surprise this tractor was making a fast clicking sound every time the key is turned  to second click , it turned to be an electric fuel pump lol a cool set up , it seem original pump gave up at some point and they end up installing this electric pump from Napa.

Not sure if I should replace it with original one or just keep it, works perfect .

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Edited by a_sannine

I wouldn't bother wet sanding...for heavy oxidation like that, this stuff is the best stuff I've found.  You will see the color on your pad before you do any damage to the paint, it will take terrible scratches out, and the color will pop almost immediately.  For real narly ones that begin cleaning up nice, I follow it with the M205 polish, then wax.  But, this stuff isn't cheap, and the 105 cutting compound is my go-to.

3679_lg.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, Good products are not cheap...but the results speak for them selves.  Also, compounds are expensive, but WAY cheaper in time and materials than a good paint job.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2017 at 8:57 AM, jimmystractor said:

Looks very solid!

How do you think it would go with a light wet sand and buff? 

No needs paint 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts