Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 photos needed

Talntedmrgreen

Looking for some B-1 pictures! Preferably some of the following:

-any glamour shots
-B-1 rear drawbar
-B-1 with square tank
-B-1 with round tank
-any with era-correct implements or options in use (proper lights, duals, weights etc)
-yellow 32" deck alone, or on B-1 (all I have is on B-10, and don't want to show a B-10)
-yellow 42" deck bolt-together, alone, or on B-1 
-yellow 42" stamped deck, alone, or on B-1 
-B-1s at work/play
-B-1 in B series lineup beside other models

I will need them emailed my way, if you would like any published in lawn and garden tractor magazine.

• Like 1

Bump...anyone have, or can take, a picture of their B-1 square style gas tank, or rear drawbar assembly?  Thanks!

• Like 1

I've never seen the square tank in the B-1. Only the 700 had it as far as I can tell. I have what's left of an early 725 ( short column and 2 peice seat) and it has the round tank.

• Like 1

Chris, from what I understand, the B-1 early variant had the square tank and oil bath air cleaner, just like an early 725.  There are numerous examples of the 725 carrying this over from the 700.  The late B-1 was similar to the late 725, with dry element/round tank/19D.  As far as I can tell, an early B-1 outfitted this way is extremely rare, but rarely noticed.  Interestingly though, I cannot find any info or claims regarding the B-1 ever having short steering, and I do not think that they did, but even in the parts books there is evidence of the other early variety differences.  

I've really been digging on some of these model intricacies, and there is some information coming that I had never seen before...it's pretty exciting for guys like us, but sadly, only adds validity to the confusion we have to deal with, regarding what models were offered, when.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris727 said:

I've never seen the square tank in the B-1. Only the 700 had it as far as I can tell. I have what's left of an early 725 ( short column and 2 peice seat) and it has the round tank.

Chris727, could you please tell me the length of the early 725 steering column.  The tube on mine is 10-1/2" and I am trying to ascertain if it is the short version, or the long version, please?

David

Had gout since Christmas and please don't post these pics in any magazine. I limped out to shed to get these to help you. Didn't feel like opening hood but I think my is the "oval" tank. Got parts to make a mower deck but never got around to it. Had at Gathering of Orange in Maryland years ago. Found a snowplow and sickle bar mower and read cultivator on Craiglist over the years. sickle bar mower is missing parts and I didn't know when I purchased, I usually have it wired up under the tractor so all 3 implements are on and son used to drive in shows. He is 16 now and driving a car. I start like once a year in the summer and drive around as we used to do that when he was little every day when I got home from work thru the yard.

B11.jpg

B12.jpg

B13.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have a B-1 , That I believe to be the first one sold in Pa. My father had the A-C dealership in Central Pa. He was in Hgb, to pick up parts and the distriburtor was unloading a railroad car of B-1's . He brought home 2. The next day he sold one to a cemetary. He traded in in twice and then kept it for his own use.  It has orignal seat, rear tires, filled with fluid in 1961 and still no leaks. I will take photos when i get back to pa in July. My son still uses this tractor to mow his lawn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lt-scir said:

I have a B-1 , That I believe to be the first one sold in Pa. My father had the A-C dealership in Central Pa. He was in Hgb, to pick up parts and the distriburtor was unloading a railroad car of B-1's . He brought home 2. The next day he sold one to a cemetary. He traded in in twice and then kept it for his own use.  It has orignal seat, rear tires, filled with fluid in 1961 and still no leaks. I will take photos when i get back to pa in July. My son still uses this tractor to mow his lawn.

That's a great story....looking forward to seeing the images.