Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B -110 Question

Gcabinet1

Hi guys

I need to put new rear axle oil seals on my b-110 , do I need to split the trans or can it be done without splitting 

thanks Gary

The rear axle tube seals can be replaced without disassembling the transaxle. On the RH side, you will have to remove the wheel and the differential to get down to just the axle tube. On the LH side, you will have to remove the wheel and if you have a keyed removable wheel mounting flange remove it or if you have a 1-piece welded wheel mounting flange you will have to remove the axle to get down to just the axle tube. Then get a finish nail and 2 sheet metal screws. The screw size at the thread I.D. (shank) should be a little bit bigger than the diameter of the nail. Take the nail and drive it into 2 spots 180 degrees from each other in the metal part of the seal and thread the screws into the 2 holes. Carefully pry the seal out of the counter bore. When installing the RH seal, slip a plastic bag over the axle tube first to prevent the seal from getting damaged from the keyways and ring groove. Be sure to oil up the axle tube, seal and counter bore prior to installing.  I would recommend using a piece of tubing/pipe *(i.e. PVC pipe) the size of the seal to drive the seal into the counter bore. Good luck.

• Like 4