Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bench test K341

rich_kildow

I'd like to bench test a K341 and want to make sure I'm not missing something or don't mess something up.  Is it as simple as 12v to the starter and grounded to the block, 12v to the coil lead, and some fuel in the line or down the throat of the carb?

Edited by rich_kildow

Thanks guys, I got it going.  I have a knock-off JawHorse that I clamped a 4x4 in, then a large piece of 3/4" plywood was screwed to it and the engine bolted to the plywood.  Stable as can be and it worked out really well!  I fought with this thing for an hour last night until I realized that both adjustment screws on the carb were nearly all the way in.  I backed them out the prescribed 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 turns and she first right up!  

I love bench testing , always fun , I just tested a KT17 I bought , that been in a shed for long years .a little oil in the cylinders , turned it by hand few times , cleaned the points , fresh gas , fired right up running like a sewing machine sm01