Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

shifter knob for high low on foot dragger

sideburns

Hi looking for a Shifter knob for hi low  on my 65 landlord.I think its the same one used on walk behind simplicity tractors any have one they might want to part with.Its 7/16 thread and Daka Ware chicago writen on bottom of knob.I am also looking for a steering wheel cap for landlord.thanks for any Help

• 3 weeks later...

I would suspect that the knob is identical to the one used for the transmission shifter.  I recall having seen them for sale somewhere or at least ones the same diameter with the same thread size.  Lost one in my driveway/yard somewhere in the last snowstorm.  Let us know what you find.

May be the same as the knob on the rear PTO lever as well.  My only tractor with Hi/Lo is a Broadmoor 707.  I dont know if the knobs would be the same as the B-110 or even if the one on mine is original.

Unless mine was wrong, the large frame hi lo knob was different. Mine had a kind of ring around it.

Don't have it anymore so I can't get a picture.

Thanks everyone for your help with knob.  I found 2 on ebay  guy did not know thread size so I gambled and they where 3/8 The high low is 7/16.So I drilled it out and stuck a 7/16 nut in it.Good enough thanks again.