Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Theme/Style

Kent

I just changed the site to the new theme and style that we've been working on.  This should help resolve a few minor bugs that I've been chasing.

• Like 2

Scared me for a moment - thought I may be having a stroke - colors were changing!   Seriously, thanks so much for all your efforts.  It has paid off for the rest of us.

Oh, by the way, not everyone on here is as old as me, but sure appreciate the larger type face.  Doesn't help my memory, tho - I forgot to add this when I first posted this!   LOL sm00

Edited by macallis180
added info
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

I dunno, harder for me to read, almost like I need sunglasses or something.

We tried to make it bright, because according to Google Analytics, about half the traffic is now coming via phones and tablets.... 

I think you may be having an adjustment to the serif font we're using. Some people find those fonts to appear more "dense and crowded" - it is similar to Times New Roman or Helvetica, for example. Some people just prefer the Arial-type sans serif fonts.  They have more space between the characters because the "tips" of the characters are not as defined, and they look more streamlined. But, the serif fonts have been proven to lead to fewer reading mistakes because the letters are better defined, and their differences are more pronounced....

• Like 1

I myself check in most on my android. I have to do it when I can find time, which isn't easy some days. Looks great to me, caught me off guard at first. 

Chris, you have to remember, we ain't all pups! &:) I ain't old just yet, but I sure ain't a kid anymore.  

• Like 1

Didn't know where to toss this out so I'll put it here since it is a new and recent problem I've had. If I reply a second time to the same thread when I hit reply I have to first clear the field as it shows what I responded with previous. Is it just me? 

8 minutes ago, B-16_IC said:

Didn't know where to toss this out so I'll put it here since it is a new and recent problem I've had. If I reply a second time to the same thread when I hit reply I have to first clear the field as it shows what I responded with previous. Is it just me? 

No, it's not just you.  That is a change made in the latest release of the software.  It keeps the contents of the editor, temporarily in memory, just in case you've accidentally changed the screen (hit the back button accidentally or something).  I think it was done for the mobile users where it's so easy to "fat-finger" something....

I guess they weren't expecting folks to make repeated, multiple posts in the same topic.

• Like 1

i was browsing the site when the switch was made,kind of freaked me out and thought I changed something when i was clicking through things.New colors is a lot nicer

• Like 3