Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires

RickS

In the past there has been much discussion about tires and what works and what does not. No one has mentioned ATV tires. In my neck of woods, rural Maine, ATV's are very popular and just about every tire place carries ATV tires. Even the local VIP store carries ATV tires. Would these tires work on the rear of a 7012 and has any one tried it?

I don't know why not. Remember they are usually more rounded and much softer side walls, may be an issue on side hills. Mike S.

The most common ones for 12" wheels are also 25" tall instead of 23". This may cause clearance prblems and would definitely change the gear ratio... I don't know how significant that would be.

I saw a picture somewhere in here of one with those big flotation type tires on it front and rear and the guy said it would crawl over a 6" log like nothing. I think if you look in the descriptions in the AC gallery you'll see some description that will point it out. ("Bigfoot" or something???) It MAY be in the Simplicity gallery too.??

I came real close to putting ATV tires on my 112 til the guy I was buying them from fessed up that when he does mud bog pulls at the July 4th picnic he uses 'special' ad tread tires he bought just for that reason. Price wasn't much different anyway..MPH