Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vickers hydro parts

AdamF

I have a Vickers Simplicity hydro disassembly and assembly manual with all the diagrams. I can copy and mail it to you Monday if you like. It is my understanding that new parts are no longer available so used is your only hope. BTW - I didn't see any copyright statement or symbol on the manual last time I looked so I guess it's ok to copy it. Brent http://ourworld.cs.com/Bcbaumer/vickers_1.jpg

Hi all. Does anyone have a parts diagram for a Vickers hydro unit for an HB-212? I replaced the axle tube in my father's tractor last spring, and after about 4 hours of mowing time, it stopped moving. My brother tore the gearbox down and found nothing wrong, then tore the hydro assembly apart and found some parts that appeared to be worn out. My problem is that these parts got lost, and since I live 85 miles from him, I don't know what he needs. So once I find this out, does anyone have any units for parts that they are willing to sell? Thank you. AdamF

Hi, In both the Vickers and the Sunstrand, DO NOT let the pistons in the rotating groups get switched to different holes. They are selected at the factory to 2/10,000 of an inch and must stay in the bore they came in. Also when you work on them the word is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Wash them clean on the outside with sonvent and blow clean before opening them up. Best to work on a steel bench that has been cleaned with solvent. Next best use a cookie sheet. Do not use rags or paper towels on the inside. They leave lint that can cause problems. Wash internal parts in solvent and Blow dry. Do not work in an area where fans or breezes blow room dust around. Wash you hands often. Dust and finger dirt is like grinding compound in hydraulics. Oil everything well when putting together to avoid dry starts that can trash a unit before the charge pump ever gets any oil up to the case. Good luck, Al

Al, Of course that's prudent advice when working on any hydro system. It sounds like Adam's brother already let the horse out of the barn. Too late now to lock the door. Adam, Maybe you should look for a replacemnt unit. Good reason to switch to a Sunstrand.

AdamF, Contact these people. If there is not part available they will make it Hydro-Dynamics Inc. 75 Briggs St. Burlington, VT 05401 Phone: 802-865-3251 Fax: 802-660-0987 Toll Free: 800-691-7867 Ask for Andre...Woody

Hi all, Thanks for all the advice. Brent Baumer is sending me the diagrams that I need, so I'll have to see what I have and don't have. As for letting the horse out of the barn, that's an understatement............Must have been a stampede. Dad brought the tractor over to me Saturday, and all the parts were laying in a bucket. AdamF