Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lift lever 4211???

mowerman1193

Hello Everyone,I picked up a 4211 awhile back and have been looking up information on this site.I have noticed that the lift lever on my tractor is different than the ones in the flier ads on this site.The ones on the ads shows just a little rod that flips down on the right side of the tractor(much like the rod for the pto on the left side of the tractor).My tractor has a long lever on it that can be reached from the seat of the tractor without bending down like the other one I seen.I think the one I have might be used for a snow blower or blade?Does anyone know if the lift like mine can be used for the mower deck?Looks to me like it has broke at some point and someone has it all rigged to make it work but I am not sure it is supposed to work on the mower deck. Thanks for any info. mowerman1193 [A href='http://www.geocities.com/mowerman1193/mowerman1193tractor-collection-page-3.html']http://www.geocities.com/mowerman1193/mowerman1193tractor-collection-page-3.html[/a]

The early ones did not lift the deck, but on later models there was a catch built onto the lift rod shaft that you hooked the deck to to raise it.

I have a 6216 which is similar although a little bigger than your 4211. It's my understanding that the lift lever you have was standard on the 6200 series and optional on the 4200 and 5200 series. Mine is used to lift/lower the mower deck and the snow plow. It hooks to the mower deck with an adjustable thing-a-ma-gig and a piece of chain. Sorry for the technical jargon.

Well my 4211 had no chain,it just had a ajustable rod that went from the lift arm to the deck but,there was a bracket bolted to the lift lever that went to the rod that I think was rigged up.The adjustible rod broke and I lost some of the parts while mowing.I would like to know how it was supost to be originaly so I can fix it.It will go up the ramps to my trailer without bottoming out if I can lift the deck.I haul it weekly in the mowing season to mow some lawns. Thanks, mowerman1193

Hi, 4200s came out with a small lever sticking out of the frame on the right side over the footrest. The 6200s came out with the long lift lever at the outside of the running board. This lever was available as a kit to be used to lift a blade or snowthrower for the 4000 and 5000 families. It also works to lift the mower with the proper linkage. The later tractors called RTs instead of 4200 had a longer lever than the 4200s maybe 4 or 5 inches longer and with a bend that kept the knob off the running board when the mower was down. Made the mower a little easier to lift. Good luck, Al Eden