Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LAWNCART TIRES

AGCO918

Wanting to know if the lawncarts had a special tread or tire? I might buy a lawncart and wanted to know if their is a special tire other than a wheel barrow type tire or did they have a front tractor tire tread? DUTCH,KENT ,or anybody that might know please help as i go for original factory specs on restoring anything to make it look like it came from the factory.PLEASE HELP.......AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

Did you get my email about that cart in Illinois? The tires on my cart are ribbed. Don't know if they're original, but suspect they are.

I got your email herb.THANK YOU AND KENT VERY MUCH. HERB: CANT find your picture of your lawncart and soverign.i am trying to find members pictures of their carts to look at and cant find anything with lawncart in search . AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/dump_cart.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/dump_cart.htm[/a]

THANKS KENT AND HERB: ARE the simplicity decals for the lawncarts made by any club members or can they be bought through a older dealer who has been in bussiness for a while and one other ? what color of simplicity paint are they painted? the newer paint wouldnt be the same as the older would it and what color is the wheels? agco918 chad e shafer

Chad, You've been around here long enough to know the deal with paint and decals. Here's a color comparison I did, and here are some paint numbers. As for decals, catch as catch can on OEM. Any sign shop can do an exact silk screen repro. Mine were off white letters on clear stock. Those carts are really getting popular with the owners of newer tractors. Are you guys loading them up with oil dry to absorb what your Kohler OHC engines spew out?

Those wheels are a real bear to find.Wheelbarrow tires look the same but the rims are not correct.I was lucky to find some a the Portland swap meet last year.Don't know the price but I did buy 4 for some of my carts and sulkys for my walkbehinds.Bob