Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spark Plugs

powermax_paul

Well, I burnt up another H10C in my CCKB today. I put in a pair of "Splitfire's". I'll let y'all know how they work out. I looked all over Farm and Fleet today and couldn't find Sea Foam in the gas additive area (they had about 30 different kinds). Guess I have to go to an auto parts store? Paul

Hi Paul, I am not for about the splitfire plugs. I hope they work. We ported and polished our cckb about 10 years ago. We also shaved the heads. We ended up running an xr-4 NGK. It is a little hotter than the b-6L that is listed as the replacement for the h 8&10. To my knowledge, the difference in spark plugs is the quality of the porcelain used. If it is not a smooth finish, the plug will foul easily. I will get back to you on the ngk plugs.

Neal or Jonette? I wanted to try the NGK B6-L in another tractor but Farm & Fleet didn't stock them. I sent you an email last week about buying some from you and got no reply. Paul

No prob. here in east fouling plugs Gas has alcohol in it.,,I personally prefer AC or Autolite We use Split fires in racing tracs never fouled one yet using 93 octane Will experiment this season with a bllend of 112 Cam II and 93.