Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4040 Simplicity question

720nut

Had a gentleman show up today to look at a sno'blower I have to fit Powermax series.

I have known of no differences in the line but he's telling me it won't fit his tractor and was trying to explain to me the difference, has anyone came across a different style of blower?

Only difference I've know of was 16 hp vs 19.5 hp.

Dave, I don't think so,I showed him my 720 and he said it was not the same thing.

I've talked with a couple of people and we were wondering if he was maybe trying to hook a blower up to the mower mule drive.

I am going to see if it will match the clutch pulley tomorrow to see if that may be what he is trying to do.

He argued with me for 20 minutes that it was not what he had and never tried to get it cheaper, was supposed to send me an email picture but he didn't.

The guy didn't realize the blower is driven by a shaft? Also, the mower mule cannot accommodate a cylinder for raising the blower. Perhaps he is thinking about attaching it using the front blade mounting bracket?

Ben not sure what he's trying , he did mention belt. This has me really puzzled and will try and call him later to see if he will send pics.