Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Who knows the correct colors for Landlord 101

rokon2813

I looked through the research section and can't tell for sure. Are the grill uprights chromed or painted silver and what color is the grill ??

I found pictures (drawings?) with both the upper and lower grill white, and pictures with the lower white and the upper black ??

• Like 1

I think it was the 9hp 990314 Landlord that had the upper portion black, to match its black dash and sidepanels.  I had a 101 pass through my place once (don't even remember where it went), but its grille was in about the same condition as the one above.  I'm guessing it was originally white...

All Simplicity grill frames were painted AFAIK.  Only Allis used the chromed plates on them.

• Like 1

No I had not seen that. His grill frame sides are painted black. I thought they were silver or chrome, but not sure.

I was hoping someone had one that was still original.

The one I have from Jim Dick has been repainted and he did the sides in silver.

• Like 1

Well -- the brochure shows those frame sides chrome.  That is a surprise to me -- or just another case of CRS!  I certainly know on the flat-hoods that they were painted white.

landlord_intro.jpg

• Like 1

I have two 101s and they were chrome.  I ended up painting one with a chrome paint which is not nearly as good as chrome but it was getting pretty rusty and I wanted it protected.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 2:13 PM, rokon2813 said:

I looked through the research section and can't tell for sure. Are the grill uprights chromed or painted silver and what color is the grill ??

I found pictures (drawings?) with both the upper and lower grill white, and pictures with the lower white and the upper black ??

Forgot the other half of your question.

My 64 101 has the upper black grill and lower white.  Matches the black dash color the 64 Landlords and Broadmoors had.

The 65 up Landlords had a white upper grill.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 65. The uprights are/were chrome. The entire grille, upper and lower were basically the same color as the wheels (are now), anyway. I have to get some expanded metal and rebuild the top of the grille, since mine is broken at one of the bends. side panels are same color as grille with a black pin stripe at the bottom. The dash is black. These all appear to be original colors except for the grille I repainted with the wheel color, since I had some left after painting the wheels

• Like 1