Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gas tank on ebay

landlord2110

Does not look like any of the 60's Landlords, 60's Broadmoors, or B112's.  They were all more square without the rounded sides.

I could not say for the 725 or earlier, just 64 and up on the Landlords.

Back in the late 60's, we had Jacobson walk-behind reel mowers. They were orange and had oval shape gas tanks, and I would bet that this tank is from one of those Jacobsons, there were a couple different styles. Those big old beasts gave the absolute greatest cut!

Back in the late 60's, we had Jacobson walk-behind reel mowers.

My Grandpa had given me one of these to play with, as it didn't run very well at the time, and the reels needed sharpening.  I think he was going to launch it, but didn't because I showed interest in it.  My first foray into engines and mechanical stuff.  I got it running, took a moving cart and made a Selkey and drove it around.  Thing was a tank!  As I recall, it was a two stroke, and I remember the fuel tank, and it was a round one like shown, and I believe it had the glass bowl for the filter.   Nearly 50 years ago, thanks for the memories.  Ouch.

• Like 1