Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A drive to get pizza

a_sannine

I am gonna power wash the living angles out of it after I take Coil/starter/regulator out , degrease it , take that engine out strip/clean/inspect it , before I even bother firing it , unbelievable dirty , mice heaven .

Let the fun start , the way I like'em sm06

• Like 1

This tractor cleaned out nice .

Deck solid with no rotten , just surface rust .

I took engine out , stripped  ,degreased it to a spotless , carb gum up and mice nesting  tells me it is been out of order for at least 6 years .

It seem it had a leak at some point from oil pan gasket ,for that u see all that oil and dirt buildup.

The bad news engine was seized ,I was able to free it with mystery oil, unfortunately after I freed it up , it span like nothing .

Broken rod .

The good news after I stripped it out , no damage from rod  to engine , on the way out rod hit piston ,took a small piece out .

Crank mint , no play ,within spec

Bore mint , not out of round , with in specs .

I was lucky  on EBay I found the original parts cheaper than dirt ,

I bought the OEM piston kit ,including  rings ($32 to my door )

I bought the OEM rod as well ( $22 to my door )

I have a complete OEM gasket kit .

I got every thing ready today including lapping valves , honing bore , cleaning inspecting head and  carb rebuilt , once parts gets here , it is a matter of putting it together,

This engine will fire nice after the overhaul .

I think the engine threw that rod due to leak , or the owner might had a steep lawn , as it  has the wheel weights on it .( just guessing)

This engine one of the cleanest engines  I rebuilt , usually piston is scored toward exhaust , this  piston in perfect condition , no scoring no play , unfortunately got chipped from rod.

This tractor unbelievable heavy due to back tires filled and cast weights .

Edited by a_sannine
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

You've been a busy man!

Tractor cleaned up nice.

Not so sure you'll be able to work your magic on the seat though.

Didn't get to it yet 

You will like the out  come .

I'll share a pic  when done  .

Yeah crazy busy, Tractors OCD sm06 no doubt

• Like 1