Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally some Simplicity outside weights.

mikeman

Finally picked up some Simplicity outside weights for a descent price.

Wasn't going for the tires but look pretty new with tubes and calcium chloride. Bonus

Plus a gorgeous drive Saturday morning!

20170219_124248.jpg

20170218_151050.jpg

20170218_151026.jpg

• Like 2

Good tires too!  The challenge when looking for wheel weights is finding them locally, since shipping is prohibitive.   You could pay almost as much to ship them as you pay for the weights.

• Like 1

I bought a John Deere 210 out of a snowdrift one year. Put the tractor my Rotary lift, so the wheels were chest high. Pulled the flat tire off, noticed the wheel was rather rusty, a bit heavier. Just figured it was water from snow.  Now pull the other tire off. Last bolt came out, went to lower the wheel, and dropped it quickly! Damn thing was full of fluid! Never ran across that before! 

• Like 1

Yep...I did the Windshield Washer Fluid fill on my 10.5 Ags (on my AC416 Loader). It is amazing how much heavier they "feel"...and a pain to mount with "lug bolts" vs lug nuts, w/studs to hold the weight of the wheel while mounting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GLPointon said:

Yep...I did the Windshield Washer Fluid fill on my 10.5 Ags (on my AC416 Loader). It is amazing how much heavier they "feel"...and a pain to mount with "lug bolts" vs lug nuts, w/studs to hold the weight of the wheel while mounting.

I plan to change all of mine to studs, just need to find time and of course money.

Anyone know what a set of these weights are worth ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

Anyone know what a set of these weights are worth ?

I paid $75 with the tires.  I will give you $50? dOd

• Like 1