Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring

GregB

Even though the groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter, the weather, and other observations beg to differ.

Skunks and such moving around.  Killed my first mosquito.  Saw 11-12 deer moving on the other side of the creek. 

All but 65 ° here today.

And THE NEIGHBOR HAD HER GARDEN TILLED YESTERDAY !!!!!

Anyone else? Is it really time to get the tiller out?

Edited by GregB
add content
  • Like 1

I am not headed for the garden yep, have my fruit trees trimmed and hauled trimmings away cut the ornamental grasses all cut. I am working towards getting spring chores done.

• Like 1

What I'm reading today is calling for a major snow storm for Midwest and west. Their saying up to 1 foot of snow.

I tilled mine last fall and just need to run through it real quick but believe I'll wait a while longer.

It is t shirt weather here today but we'll wait and see

• Like 1

It's been a nice stretch, but I can't believe winter is completely behind us.  It's been in the 60's here for a week, but they say rain/snow and back into the low 30's for highs.

This morning the radio guys were marveling at the weather, and threw out a neat fact.  In Grand Rapids this morning at 6am, it was 70 degrees warmer than this same day/time 2 years go.  Can you imagine an August day being 70* COLDER than a year prior?  I don't even think that would be possible, but in February, we just wear a lighter jacket when the opposite occurs.

• Like 1

I was in the Ohio National Guard at summer camp in August and crawled out of a pup tent to find the ground cover with snow. That was a shock I don't care to relive

• Like 1

I don't think it will last but I was out in the woods this am cutting next winters fire wood and had to take the long undies off I was just way too hot

• Like 1

Hello, The daffodil sprouts are 2 inches  tall  , usually they show until end of march,  maybe mother  nature knows something we don't.

Gotta love Michigan weather!!  I have done  some yard cleanup

Thanks Ken inMi

• Like 1

Half a dozen of tulips started pushing out yesterday a tad too early with possible winter storm warning 50-60 miles north of me, that being a tad N/W of Milwaukee, WI . wah

• Like 1

Western New York fruit farmers are worried and complaining (for good reason) trees are starting to bud....

A good freeze now will really hurt this years crops.

We also have daffodils popping up before the crocus'

• Like 1

A little warmer here in the Phila area compared to Greg.  Was about 71 or so. 

My neighbor and I agreed not disturb the snow equipment, because if we did, we'd get a snow storm for sure.  But I wouldn't mind one last big one.  Some seat time and at this time of year, it's always a pretty quick melt.

• Like 1

NW Milwaukee was missed for snow but some hard claps of thunder were so loud that made I could hear my teeth rattle in their glass. sm01 News reported that a couple of residential roofs took lightning strikes and caused major damage.

• Like 1

72 yesterday and 73 today here in Ohio calling for storms tonight possible snow flurries 40s tomorrow & Sunday. Got fruit trees alltrimmed don't know what is going to happen, crystal balls broken

Lots of money on the line here in midwest and western Wi with cherries /apples ect. These warm and early springs are killer in more way than one.

I can wait a few more weeks.