Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plow Days ?

720nut

Only the regularly scheduled ones, that are too far away to attend.  Too early and wet anywhere local to consider plowing now.

• Like 1

Ok just checked with mapquest

197 mile

3 hr 46 min

Est fuel cost $13.20  I wish  666

Anyway plan would be to bring both if I have 620 ready by then, maybe throw in a B110 for good measure.

Elliott can you post location info ?

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Elliott can you post location info ?

11877 West 275 North

Monterey, IN 46960

Here is info from their site:

-Plow day planned for March 18, 2017 with the following Saturday, March 25, as a rain date to be determined by weather. Located in Monterey, IN, we have 30 acres of bean stubble, sandy loam ground. Plenty of room to park trucks and trailers. 
-All brands of garden tractors welcome! 9:00 a.m. start time with a break for lunch at noon. 
-If anyone has anything GARDEN TRACTOR RELATED they wish to sell, you are welcome to do so. This will be an unorganized part of the event! Buy, Sell, or Trade! 
-Lunch will be served on-site. We plan on making a big pot of soup like we did last year. Bottled water will also be available. Feel free to bring your own coolers of anything else you would like to drink. 
-FREE WILL DONATIONS are appreciated. 
-For more information, please contact Phil Kline at 574-847-3747 or Lanae Kline at 574-551-0077.
-In 2016, we had 40 tractors! We plowed 18 acres and had plenty more ground to plow. We hope you can join us for a day of good times with friends! 

This is also the date of the Allis-feature at the Indoor Tractor Show in Auburn, IN.

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 1

I am good friends with Phil (host of this plow Day) I am sure he would welcome your 620 and 720.

I know some have seen pictures on Facebook of all the green at last years event and yes Phil is a JD guy, but all makes are welcome, and quite honestly Elliott and I would like to see more Simplicity, Allis, Duetz, and Agco down there to show the JD's and my friends Cubbies who's boss!666 Last year Elliot and I were the only Simplicity and A/C down there (besides the 7790 which was before it was in my collection.)

Do you plan to attend Josh? Trying to get the 3212H completed after a complete rear end rebuild. Will probably be running tonight but still have to put new seals in the Hydraulic Lift.

Have yet to take cab off of the 7790 but other tractors are ready to plow!!

2 hours ago, 1978Simplicity7016H said:

Do you plan to attend Josh? 

No, unfortunately, (or fortunately, however you look at it!) I am on the road that weekend, travelling to NY to pickup a couple things (and drop off a couple things).  I'm gone Friday through Sunday.  

I had originally planned to be at the AC feature in AUburn, with my Bee's...a good test run for GOTO!   =\

• Like 1

Elliott # for Phil got  me a recording either disconnected or out of service. Anyway left a message with Lanae.

It's a 197 mile for me so would like to know before the 18th.

Just spoke with Lanae and they are all geared up for it and she wanted me to let everyone know that # posted for Phil is wrong 574-835-3747 is correct#

Ok spoke with Phil all Powermax And allis welcome,said bring wrench to adjust plow to depth everyone is plowing.

Also ask if they could have Daniel let us know what conditions are or if any changes. 

Edited by 720nut

• 2 weeks later...

Almost ready have plows on both tractors and going to friends Sunday to play and get things set.

And while I'm on subject a friend here in Dexter is interested in having a plow day but would like to know if any of you would be interested ?

Looking forward to seeing you Lloyd! Finished up 3212H with Powerlift and changed oil in 7790. Other tractors need little work/adjusting. 

Is your friend just seeing about interest or does he have a day picked out?

Weather looking decent, snow accumulation tomorrow, and maybe some rain Wednesday I believe, but Saturday is clear and high of 46. Could be worse, but could be better. Could change were 6 days away. 

Remember Indiana's just like Michigan , stick around a while it's sure to change.

I'm not real sure but we discussed it for last fall but neither followed thru with it, I'll be getting in touch with him probably this week and see if we can't make it happen this year.

I think there calling for 3-6 tomorrow as far as I'm concerned it could be 80* been a bad winter for those of us that plow snow.

Hopefully someone does something with that woodchuck, maybe we'll send him back with Dince this summer, sneak him in his luggage. He-He !!!! 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2017 at 2:12 AM, 720nut said:

Seeing how it's been so nice, anyone seen or heard of plow days anywhere?

DSCN0697.JPG

DSCN0696.JPG

Lloyd, now I realise what is going on.  I questioned where the driver was in these photos a while ago.  Of course, this tractor must have auto steer, but poor "old yellow wheels", as seen in another more recent thread, still relies on that personal touch! 

David

• Like 2