Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A new poll on Club News page...

Kent

Well, it's been several hours since I made the above post. So far, out of 17 respondents, not one vote for a mower deck. Guess I was wrong. What does that mean? Not many are impressed with the "Simplicity" cut? What do those guys use to mow grass? Deere, Craftsman, Cub? All those unused Simplicity decks should be cheap to buy.....

This is just another example of this site influencing prices... I'm trying to drive the prices down so I can buy a couple of good used decks... NOT! Maybe they're just trying to be ornery, once you'd voiced your concern....

Herb, its a poll for favorite att, not most used, so far my grader blade is the most fun to have, thus my favorite..MPH

I've only got a few attachments for my 312 so far. but my two favorites would be the one for making julienne fries and the home barber hair cutting attachment. :)

Dadsy is that the one they say "it slices, it dices... ?" I'm missing that one too... ;<) Kent

A sickle will slice a finger right off, even when detached from the tractor, if you're holding on to the wrong spot and raise the bar. I wonder why they don't make 'em anymore? Brent

Yes, Brent I learned to respect a sickle bar long ago... we had both the horse-drawn type and a 3-point hitch one for the old Ford -- but without a live PTO, it was a pain. I've seen too many 3-legged dogs, cats, chopped up rabbits and like to last me -- I still don't like them! We even had a beveled set of sharpening stones on our modified bench grinder just for sharpening the knives, without removing them from the bar -- though trying to balance a 6' bar and sharpen it wasn't very much fun....

I voted for the deck, of course. Havent used the vac yet but hope to this season. I'm addicted to the "stripes" tho and Simplicity is the only deck for my mowing chores. I also have tons of appreciation for my front blade. It comes in handy for shoving dead tractors around when not pushing dirt or snow. Sorry Herb, but the deck is my most appreciated attachment. Would someday like to get a sickle bar, but I can wait till one comes my way.

Don't say "Sorry" to me. I thought a deck would be almost everyone's favorite attachment. A shovel can be used for snow, a rake instead of a vac, but what can be used in place of a mower? Sheep, scissors? How many GTs are sold new without a deck?

Marty, You took "favorite" to mean "fun". I took it to mean "versatility". The mower deck has to be the most used (at least in the lower 48). I'll bet you use your grader blade as a snow blade too. I can understand why it's your favorite.

I've added a new poll to the Club News page for you to identify your favorite attachment for your tractor. The previous one, on "big" Simplicity tractors was much closer than the one on AC tractors, though the "old iron" still wins out. With 65 votes, here's the distribution: 9HP Landlord thru 2012 (round hood) -- 26% 7100 Series -- 18% 4040, 4041, or PowrMax -- 17% 7000 Series -- 15% Model 700 and 725 -- 14% 2100, 3100, or 3200 Series (square hood) -- 8% 3300 or 3400 Series -- 2%

Herb, so far I have only used the grader blade to cut hard pack off the driveway and just had a roit. Won't handle enough volume to use as a snow blade. Here I'd have to give the snowblower most versatility cuz I use it for 6 months and mow for only 3. Think I need a place in the S.W. for a winter break.MPH