Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 oil temp sensor

micbou3

The oil temp sensor was jamed in the rear end casting and I damaged it when I changed the oil. All the simplicity dealers around me are gone and I am asking if there is a replacement part I could use.

This is the transmission oil temp sensor you are looking for?  One on Fleabay right now

Edited by isetta

I am pretty sure it is a standard automotive temp sensor from that era. I would take it to an auto parts store , a good counterman should be able to hook you up. I think mine has a temp rating stamped on it on the inside.

I'm assuming they are probably GM, just my thoughts . they look comparable to some temp units I seen in Chevys over the years

Where is the sensor located?  My "new" 720 does not have it hooked up,  and I want to hook it up. 

Thanks. 

Merle if not there it should be on front toward engine on right lower side, you probably have a plug there, like 1/2 in. pipe plug

Here's picture without the hydro unit. Hope this helps

DSCN1275.JPG

• Like 1

Guys if you find, please post any info on temp sender replacement with automotive part.  I am interested and I'm sure others as well.

Edited by isetta

If it is just a switch and not a variable resistance to run a gauge, any sender would work with the proper temp rating (which I have know idea what that would be for a hydro).