Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

triad to honda gx620 adapter

gravey72

Does anyone happen to have an adapter sitting on the shelf? No longer available on ebay/small engine warehouse. I have 1 but I would have to pull it out of a running tractor. Was hoping to buy/borrow one and have a new one machined. Thanks

7117 22HP Predator Repower

Check out the second post in my repower thread.  The 610/620 have the same bolt pattern as the 670, as well as the 22hp Predator.  SEW's GH618-FLY-H adapter will go from a Triad to those Honda's, and I discuss everything I have confirmed in this process in detail in that thread.  

I had a moment of panic as I plan on repowering another Sovereign with one of these, so I e-mailed SEW this morning.  They got back to me and said they make those adapters in house and the work order is already in for more.  It won't be tomorrow, but as soon as they machine more they will have them back in stock.  They aren't gone forever, just pending another production run.  

I MIGHT have saved the engineering drawing somewhere when I was researching this repower, and if I do I'll post them.  

Thanks Rich I really appreciate your input. They had one listed on their website a month or 2 ago but wouldn't let me purchase it. I checked back recently and didn't even see the 1 listed. I called and asked if they had or will have any available, I was then transferred at least 4 times then ended up getting someones vmail and never received a return call and feared the worste. Thanks again!

That's unreal, I been wanting one to,  but now wondering how anyone can stay in business and conduct it this way.

I'm wanting to put Predator in 912 and was hoping one would solve my hook up problems, looks like I need measurements to and I'll just build one .

Hit and miss customer service is almost worse than just bad service.

Below is the e-mail from Small Engine Warehouse:

Rich,

We actually make those ourselves. We sold the our last one 3 days ago. We have a work order in for them, but I can’t supply a date for availability. So I would just check back in a couple weeks.

Thanks,

Tim Lunsford
Online Sales Development

So they will be available but he can't tell you when ?

Any idea what these cost ?

Edited by 720nut

My guess would be a few weeks, and they were about $75 if I remember right.  If you can run a lathe, it would be a simple piece to make.  

13 hours ago, rich_kildow said:

My guess would be a few weeks, and they were about $75 if I remember right.  If you can run a lathe, it would be a simple piece to make.  

I've got small machine shop just need measurements or one to copy

That's my problem, I can have a friend make one but I'd have to take an engine out to do so... I suppose I'll wait and buy one and have a spare made to keep in stock for future or to lend to a fellow nut...

Drawing pic is right where Maxwood said it would be.  Maybe it's a computer issue for you.

Here's the drawing pic:

predator mount 001.gif

Hopefully you can see it.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that . The dimensions  of the honda /predator bolt circle is  62 mm, or as is on the drawing 2.439inches. and you will need metric threaded bolts to attach it to the flywheel .

Thanks Ken in Mi

• Like 1

Max wood, would you know the depth of the holes in the flywheel?  What would the bolts  that attach the adapter to the flywheel  be?   My best guess would be 8mm  with 1.25 pitch. Length?   Thanks for the diagram!

• Like 1

Lloyd, if my "copy" you mean print the drawing pic, if you're using a Windows computer, right click on the pic and select "print" from the dropdown menu. 

If you're using a phone, I have no clue.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, 720nut said:

I've got small machine shop just need measurements or one to copy

720Nut, if you are offering to run some, I'd take you up on one as well.  

6 hours ago, rich_kildow said:

720Nut, if you are offering to run some, I'd take you up on one as well.  

At this time I'm not sure but will look at and decide.