Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel bearings

Les

I just bought a Simplicity.(my first!) It is a Model 7010 Landlord. Does anyone know the number of the front wheel bearings? The ID is .750" and the OD of the race is 1.780". I would also appreciate any information about the year of manufacture of this tractor. The ID No. is 1620333. One last question: I got this tractor with two mower decks, both measuring 41 1/2" across the blades. Is there an ID No. on the deck itself? I haven't seen any. Thanks for any help!

Congrats Chuck - looks like you're the proud owner of a 6 speeder known as a 7010-6. It was built in 1978. The matching 42" mower ID is 1690271 if it is the original. The wheel bearings are pretty much the same numbers - 154486. Make sure you have a seal(170168) on the inboard side and dust cap(154487) on the outer side to prevent dirt entry. Note: part numbers should be verified as current.

Chuck:

Check at your local bearing supply. I think Timken LM 11949 or its equivalent is the bearing you need. Also look on the bearing housing. It should have a manufacturer name and number stamped on the edge of it.

Thank you for the information, Jeff. That was fast! As for the bearing, when I did my homework, I found the bearing in a Timken catalog at work and got it from Motion Industries via UPS in 1 day. You were right, Del. For anyone else looking for this, the manufacturers call the inside (the part with the rollers) a cone and the outside (the race) a cup. The numbers are Cone: LM11949 and the Cup: LM11910. Thanks again to Jeff and Del.