Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How did you vote?

Dutch

Regarding the new poll, several members voted for "Other attachment not listed." So did I. After the mower deck, the Sweepster Broom is my favorite. I have it mounted on a dedicated tractor because I use it year round for snow, dirt, and leaves. So, what is your "other" favorite attachment?

My other was my mid mount grader blade (have two, one Homelite, one Simplicity). Another favorite is my Johnson Workhorse loader even if it isn't Allis or Simplicity.

My choice of attachments is limited due to availability, not alot around for the 300/400 series. the 42 inch roller comes to mind. I have fun imagining all the moles smashed flat... The dump cart is handy all the time, hauling brush, moving garden materials, giving grandkids rides, It give me all sorts of reasons to fire up the tractor. The snow blower would get me out of the house in the wintertime IF we ever would get snow. The deck is still a joy to me as that was the reason for tractor in the first place. I used to mow 2 acres with a walk behind. That would be my sole job for the whole weekend and then some. Hmmm, Guess the deck wins out followed closely by the dump cart.

The grader blade on our 700 has seen some very productive use and been fun to use. Its unique system of applying proper down-pressure (finding out just how heavy to stand on it) is a learning experience. The dozer blade has been known to catch on tree stumps and be impossible to lift without backing up. The rear box, when filled with horse manure, will bring the front wheels up so you get the chance to sit on the hood and steer sitting backwards. I guess my favorite attachment is whichever one I'm using at the time.

FrankieC, By "rear box" do you mean you have an original "Carry-All" box like the own shown below. I've never seen one, and would be interested in seeing how it mounts... Kent http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1963/carry-all_pg5_sm.jpg