Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shining the plows

720nut

Maybe first plowin of the season, little chilly but still havin fun.

Hey Dince want ya to notice I'm in the pictures

DSCN1271.JPG

DSCN1272.JPG

DSCN1273.JPG

DSCN1274.JPG

• Like 6

Looks like it's going well.  Looks like the operator is having fun, too. It is nice to see and hear these units at work. 

• Like 1

That's a fine lookin' tractor ya got there Lloyd.  Looks like yer doin' a purdy fine job on the plowin' too!

• Like 1

By golly, Lloyd, you certainly have a lot of admirers, or are they all family - just joking, of course!

Yes, that soil looks great , and with depth.  It looks to me that if you left a fork or a spade standing in it, you'd need to prune them next year!

Gee, I'm glad you mentioned it was you in the puctures - I'd have been looking for a good looking bloke!  (I spose that comment will cost me yet another beer!)

Hey, what's with the yellow wheels?  No, I don't want another explanation, like the blue tarp making an yellow tractor look green, I was dished up, recently!

I bet you are looking forward to August!!!

David

Edited by dince

Actually I'm wanting to get garden planted to see what happens.

Three loads of Lama manure , either going to grow giant vegetables or burn everything up ?

Yeller wheels off 4100 Deere been to cold to paint them, excuse wether needed or not.

Oh, by the way I consider everyone on here friends or family depending on how you look at it, even you David

It's the 620 that I bought in January, had 720 out prior to this and made a couple of rounds, getting ready to go to Monterey In. on 18th, hope to have lots pictures, even them green things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhanDad said:

What great looking soil.

It's not orange like mine if I would dig that deep.

Bill, orange soil, I've seen red in Georgia but never orange?

Only plowing about 5 in. deep

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Llod, at this point Im willing to mail you a couple spray cans of Canvas White. ;)

I would take you up on it but to cold, I tried to spray other wheel and it just flaked off, will wait till it warms up and I'll blast them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Bill, orange soil, I've seen red in Georgia but never orange?

Only plowing about 5 in. deep

Well, it's not really orange, but has an orange tint to it, it's clay with lots of rock bits in it.  Rocks of all sizes and "rock dust".  Largest rock that I tried to remove (a top edge is about 2" down and grass in that area dies every summer) is about 18" thick, 30" wide, and I never found the other end.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

Well, it's not really orange, but has an orange tint to it, it's clay with lots of rock bits in it.  Rocks of all sizes and "rock dust".  Largest rock that I tried to remove (a top edge is about 2" down and grass in that area dies every summer) is about 18" thick, 30" wide, and I never found the other end.   

You want to be careful several years ago I had same rock, decided one day to dig it out.

I uncovered about two feet with shovel and decided I'ld get employers backhoe after about two hours had to get neighbor with his hoe. Took us an hour and half to get it out of hole as neither machine would lift it.

We now have it as part of the landscaping in yard. Anyway if I would have known how big it really was I'ld have hauled a yard of dirt in and just covered and forgot.

Here it is in comparison to my dually and your only seeing half of it.

DSCN1276.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Llod, at this point Im willing to mail you a couple spray cans of Canvas White. ;)

Oh, dear, that's a bit provocative, and not even subtle!  Mind you, Lloyd is so busy having fun, it might just go over his head, or, as we would say "thru to the keeper"!

David

Edited by dince

That is one sweet looking tractor!! And I kinda like the yaller wheels on it. In fact, I think you should paint the front wheels yaller! It compliments the orange nicely!   666

• Like 1

This weather is unreal 70* a few days ago , cold last couple and this morning snowing hard 2-5 is what they say.

My garden was plowing nicely so went to do a friends and there's was froze down 2-6in, go figure like 3 mile away.

Anyway came to conclusion must be that darned Woodchuck getting even for comments that I've made toward him.

• Like 2

Lloyd, you need to be careful who you are calling a darned Woodchuck!  I look forward to meeting that critter!

David

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, dince said:

Lloyd, you need to be careful who you are calling a darned Woodchuck!  I look forward to meeting that critter!

David

Met one in the trees.
20 gauge shotgun spoke.
Woodchuck died.
The end.

• Like 3

And again tonight: Saw one in the neighbor's yard.
Henry .22 spoke.
Woodchuck died.
The End, part two!

• Like 1

Hick we are making a mince meat pie with woodchucks to send over to Dince for Sunday dinner.... oh oh distant relatives have found us out........

meerkat.jpg

Edited by isetta
  • Like 1

I've been told that woodchuck is actually pretty good meat. I thought about butchering it the other day, but wasn't ambitious enough.

• Like 1

We had it when we were growing up and really pretty good if cooked right.

Mom says you need a young one as older seem to get pretty tuff.

• Like 1