Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shining the plows

720nut

When things are tough here, we have to cook crows!  The secret to cooking crows is slow cooking, real slow, ideally with an old work boot.  When the boot is tender, eat the boot!  We don't mess around making pies, but I must admit I'm pretty partial to those cherry pies (and other fruits) American ladies are famous for!

David

• Like 1

WELL, tried my plow today and-------------- too wet.

It went well till wide tires filled up and started to spin, I believe it will work great when soil dries a little.

I may put it behind the 620 with the  9.50 tires as they seemed to clean real good.

DSCN1312.JPG

DSCN1311.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, dince said:

When things are tough here, we have to cook crows!  The secret to cooking crows is slow cooking, real slow, ideally with an old work boot.  When the boot is tender, eat the boot!  We don't mess around making pies, but I must admit I'm pretty partial to those cherry pies (and other fruits) American ladies are famous for!

David

I've have had to eat crow many times.............. and have been given the boot several times too but never had to eat one

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, 720nut said:

WELL, tried my plow today and-------------- too wet.

It went well till wide tires filled up and started to spin, I believe it will work great when soil dries a little.

I may put it behind the 620 with the  9.50 tires as they seemed to clean real good.

DSCN1312.JPG

DSCN1311.JPG

Lloyd are you saying that the lug tires in the pics above were spinnign in the wet soil?  Or was that your other machine?  Those look great on that tractor.

Rick, the top , 9.50's worked great it was the bottom picture 2900x 15 wide tire they just filled with mud.

Going to try and get Son to video maybe Sunday if he can post here.

I made a couple passes yesterday and it looked good, plow was on 620 with9.50's, last couple furrows.

DSCN1317.JPG

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• bsadler
    • bowhunt4life
    • tadams
    • SmilinSam
    • gwiseman
    • Austinp6896Z
    • GWGAllisfan
    • lt-scir
    • abu507
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts