Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Favorite Lift - aka - Garage Gourmet

Dutch

Jeeze Herb, I guess I kinda screwed your original thread up but was only trying to exemplify my choice for what must be the least popular mode of lift. But as long as i'm in here again I might as well mention good ole pennsylvania wild Leeks cooked up in a pot with ham & broth. The missus wont let me cook em in the house, but now that I've got my trailer, Ho Ho Ho!!! Dick

I bet we'd have a hell of a ball team if we put one together. Throw the ball to first base and end up curving it clear out to left field!!! Heh Heh Heh!

Or even in a B-series hydro -- they used a separate pump rather than run it off the Vickers... But, you had to be REAL careful using them, or you might accidentally let your feet touch the ground... ;-)

I have electric & manual and prefer manual for all attachments except the deck reason being it does not need any downpressure or extra fast height adjustments. You sort of set it and forget it with that simple little toggle switch. By the same token I like Liver & Onions and most people I know start making gaging noises even at the mention of it, so there ya have it. Dick

Kent & Marty, Okay..... guess I deserve that. Point well made. The live hydro in the B-series is a better idea. Dick, I like liver & onions too. How about kidney stew?

Herb, 10-4 on the stew, also tripe, puddins, and fried shredded wheat & scrambled eggs. Lord, I could go on & on!! Dick

I prefer the hydraulic lift on the B series. Don't forget the pickled pigs feet, blood sausage, and head cheese! Pat

I would prefer the hydraulic lift if it didn't have the built in lag (no instant response). It is also hard to be sure what direction it has moved. With a manual lift the response is instant and the lift direction is perfectly clear. However, with two bad shoulders the hydraulic lift sure is nice. Regarding food, it it is eatible I will generally try it but Sam's menu sounds most appealing to me. Oh, I like liver & onions and Scotch; both of which tend to gag most folks. Roy

I like pickled beef and pig tongue and heart. You have to see the tongue, "in toto," in the jar, to fully appreciate the dish, which is served cold. Don't forget frogs and muskrat and racoon hind legs.

You guys would fit right in with the sawyer I work with ...GAG!!! How about fresh fried Bass, bluegills and froglegs, with baked beans and a mild potatoe sald? Topped off with homeade ice cream.......

I prefer Lobster!!!! Speakin of lobster,---I'v heard Sams havein a "lobster cook out" that I'm sure we'll all be invited to. How's that commin Buddy??????

Bill, The weather messed that all up. I'll have to try it later. Gettin in the mood for mushroom hunting and Bass fishin. I gotta get my reels all re-lined so I'm ready when the fish are! Any other Bass fisherman out there? Speaking of mushroom Hunting, A guy I work with found a Simplicity tractor out in the woods in a farmers long lost junk pile last spring while hunting morels. We're going to try and retrieve it this spring. Sam

• 1 month later...
** WARNING ** This thread started by asking about lifts, then it took a "turn". Do not read if you have a weak stomach
What is your favorite lift, manual, electric, hydraulic? I have all three, and I prefer the manual. None of the attachments are too heavy to lift manually, and Simplicity's leverage design is great. The manual lift is faster than the electric or hydro. With the manual lift I can "feel" the blade when pushing or grading and make minute adjustments instantaneously. The hydro is my least favorite. The engine has to be running to install some attachments, and I don't like to work on running machines. Plus, if I apply the brakes (clutch) I have no power to raise or lower attachments.