Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift parts?

Before there was an internet I had problems with my AC built Homelite electric lift. I know this sounds difficult but I had my parts made and repaired by a small local machine shop. I was desperate because I had no idea where to get parts. This was quite awhile ago. What I thought was difficult to make the machine shop made without any great effort. Also, I found out that most production type machine shops seem to enjoy these walk-in jobs. My lift still works...After reading the replacement cost of the clutch assembly I decided to reply. I had split in half clutch plates repaired as good as new. It's a nice project to complete, have fun with it...Nobody ever charge me much and i still do this today...Woody

thanks every one with all your help & part # i was able to get the the part ordered . could nothave done it with out you guys

My A/C 314 lift is Saginaw. Also you can purchase Ballscrew rods or "blanks" if you will and have a machine shop cut the ends to whatever configuration needed to fit in the bearings at each end of the ballscrew. The ends of the blank will have to be annealed before turning cause they have extreme surface hardness. Blanks are available from McMaster-Carr and come in a variety of thread diameters and pitches, but not sure if they have the size needed for the Saginaw lifts. Chances are they do. Dick

AC/712 electric lift . the unit is a saginaw steering gear performance pak. made by general motors. the center gear is plastic & has no teeth left in one spot. i need to know if &who can i get it from?

If you can't locate what you need through lawn & garden sources, try a TV dish supplier. Saginaw makes actuators for them. Maybe the gears are the same. Better yet, call Saginaw. They should be able to give you a part number and a list of suppliers.

According to my Simplicity parts book, there are 2 gears listed. 1) Gear assy. #1704924 (from the motor) still available about $15. 2) Output gear & slip clutch #1704925 (driven by above) still available about $120 The ball screw assy. (#1664759) is no longer available. Don't know if this is a Saginaw, or if more than one type electric lift was used. Check with your Simplicity dealer.