Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mikeman

First Bargain of the year

720nut
1 hour ago, PGL said:

Do any of you know of a successful adaptation of tapered shaft to one more useful for our tractors?  Maybe turn it down and add a bushing?  Tapered pulley?

I would assume crank could be turned to accept a clutch or simple pulley, would personally have to see one to determine.

anything with the bevel gear case really shouldn't matter as most have a cone clutch

Might consider one for in my 912, if can be bought for this kind of price

dhoadley
17 hours ago, PGL said:

Do any of you know of a successful adaptation of tapered shaft to one more useful for our tractors?  Maybe turn it down and add a bushing?  Tapered pulley?

I would think that a replacement crankshaft would still make the package a bargain.

CarlH

Only on PowrMax's, Sunstars and newer equipment is the drive side (side with tapered shaft) of the motor used.    Unless you need a mechanical front clutch on an older Sovereign, everything is driven from the flywheel side of the motor.  An adapter will need to be fab'ed but no modifications are needed to the crank.

mikeman
4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Only on PowrMax's, Sunstars and newer equipment is the drive side (side with tapered shaft) of the motor used.    Unless you need a mechanical front clutch on an older Sovereign, everything is driven from the flywheel side of the motor.  An adapter will need to be fab'ed but no modifications are needed to the crank.

What he said.sm01

Maybe 7117h repower with propane?dOd

Edited by mikeman

ZippoVarga
On 3/16/2017 at 7:46 AM, CarlH said:

Carl, did I read this wrong? Looks like your saying 700's through the 3200 series don't use the drive/crank shaft for anything...Weed Cutter, Snow Blower, Sweepster, FEL just to name a few, use the "Front PTO" or crank shaft.

In any event, if you wish to use the tapered shaft Mike, a machinist can make you a keyed inner tapered sleeve that will bolt onto existing shaft to mimic the original 1"x3.5" Front PTO. Love those Vanguard engines. If it was here, I would leave it propane powered, adjust the RPM's up to 3,000 and use it! Propane is so much cleaner and easier on these engines than Gasahol is. Excellent buy at just $50.00!

ZippoVarga
2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Zippo.,

I was talking about the 7000/7100 series and later Sovereigns that run mainly off the mid PTO.  Sorry for any confusion.

dOd Ah, gotcha! With the mix of tractor generations and collectors, I lean towards the ancient ones, which is why  was a little "corn-fuzed" lol

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts