Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plastikosmd

B12 routine maintenance

plastikosmd

Well the allis b12(b16) needs some love. 

Up for repair is the steering shaft\gear (1/2 turn of slop)

tiller adjustment. The big tires sit too high so the tiller doesn't dig enough. If I lengthen the lift rod to the max it won't lift clear of the ground. I will have to make up something.

finally a broken sickle bar cutter, scrap vs rebuild. Pics to follow as I progress

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

• Like 2

plastikosmd

^ good thinking

Only had an hour today so I pulled the steering shaft. The shaft was worn, gear was reasonable. 
Before pic w the daylight around shaft. It is amazing how a little wear translates into nearly 1/2 turn at the wheel. The steering was so bad that if I hit a rock and the front tires were knocked to side the front end would jackknife. I would have to reverse to unbind

then tig  pic

Then Back together, no slop here. Assembled I am down to about 20 degrees of slop from 180

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

• Like 1

plastikosmd

The only remaining slop is between the gear and shaft. Much more reasonable now.

as far as dissambly..:

3/4 nut holding steering arm to tie rod

3 bolts to remove right side engine cover(hydro cover for me)

11/16 nut removed via wrench or 11/16 universal swivel via rachet, sorta tight with hydro in there but not terrible

Shaft will then drop out of bottom of tractor

before u disconnect it is helpful to wiggle wheel with engine cover off looking where slack is. For me I would turn the wheel, gear would move but it took a bit before shaft would turn indicating where most of my wear was.

Easy Or (simple!)

Edited by plastikosmd
  • Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • SmilinSam
    • Bill725
    • maxwood
    • jbrooks
    • mikeandlina
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts