Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Buy Em? 3415H / 7014S

Jeffreyb

No, they are very similar to each other but not similar to he B series except for some interchangablity of attachments. Any of the B&S singles will drop right in. But I agree with Dutch, they are probably parts tractors, do you need parts? Good Luck! Mike S.

Neither one fixed and running are worth a whole lot. They would have to be within 20 miles of me and one would have to have a power lift and rear lift for me to even think of it at that price, even for parts. Nothing there to get excited over , in my opinion.

Thanks guys. You answered my question already, but I just wanted to clarify one poorly worded element of what I originally asked. I'm aware these are a different breed of tractor. What I was curious about is whether the starter/generator on these is basically the same as on the B-Series. I spoke to the gentleman today after my original post and evidently the 3415H does have the engine, but it's out of the tractor and disassembled. I understand your point anyway. Take it easy - Jeff :)

Jeff, the 3415H is a nice machine and if you are looking for a newer Simplicity the 3415H is a nice choice, the motors are identical to the "B" series models,-BradW

Hope these types of questions don't annoy, but could use advice. I have the possibility of buying two tractors without engines. One is a 1978 Baron 7014s, ID #1690337 and the other is a 1972 3415H Sovereign. These tractors are supposedly non-rusty, with the exception of the rear fender beneath the seat pan on the Baron. I assume the 3415 does not have a hydro lift. The seller is asking $300 for the two. This includes a non Simplicity Jacobsen Chief tiller, a rear-attached yard sweeper, extra tire and wheel sets, and a deck which is frozen. I'm also unclear on whether the units have their starter/generators. Are these similar in appearance to the B-Series ones? I would need to drive about 400 miles to pick these up. Should I mellow (as in, I'll go completely gray before I find an engine and PTO for either of these) or should I hit the road? Other thoughts on questions to ask?

Click here and browse the info. Unless you already have the parts to fix them up, you'll probably wind up with more in them than what they're probably worth. Look before you leap.

Oops, brain fart sam, just get the bolck and swap pans, I have done it before with success, sorry about that,-BradW

Mike, How did the driling go? I have thought of trying that but hated the idea of ruining a good engine if it went bad. What did you do to keep the shavings out of the inside of the block? SmilinSam

NO, Brad, the engines are not identical to the B-Series. The B-Series has the oil fill and check in the pan and those cannot be moved to newer tractors without making frame modifacations. The newer Engines in the 3400 series have the oil fill and check in the form of a dipstick & pipe on the lower side of the block. Those you CAN retro fit into the older tractors by removing the dipstick, plugging the hole and putting a older style pan on the engine. SmilinSam

Sam, my local Simplicity dealer is a good friend (Mike's Small Engines). He has a portable magnetic drill press. With the oil pan off and the engine clamped in a jig at about 45 deg. we drilled and tapped the block. All of the chips fell out the bottom. Of course I did a through rinsing with Kerosene afterwards (with the engine always upright). I drilled and tapped the oil pan with my small drill press at home. Mike S.

Jeff, nice to know that just a couple "klicks" away is help from the guyz who are in the know, for guyz like you & I who aren't 100% up on things, ain't it????? bill.

Sam, I have fitted a 1969 Briggs from a B212 and put it in a 3314 frame (same as the 3400/7000). I drilled and tapped the block for the dipstick, drilled and tapped the pan for a drain. And plugged (internal square drive) the original fill and drain ports on on the pan. And it fits with no frame modifications. Note: it will not work to rotate the oil pan 180deg. Not enough clearance on the left side of the frame. If you wanted the 15hp you could just switch oil pans. Good Luck! Mike S.