Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity colors

Glenn

I am new to the site and have a 7110 and 7116 that I would like to get Simplicity orange paint/white  for touch up. Can someone tell me where I might be able to find the paint code numbers. Thanks!

I don't have my book handy but I believe the color is "powder orange" and is available in aerosol cans or quarts through Simplicity.

I have found many posts on various sites about the paint colors for both Simplicity and Allis Chalmers tractors.  Some have actual paint codes for mixing true colors for some models, others with the paint code of something else that is very close.  

What I would like is to be able to match powder colors so that parts can be powder coated to original colors.  Some places will match color for you but there is a minimum amount you would need to purchase or a dollar amount for the matching.  If anyone does this we should document the mix required for future use.  Perhaps picking one vendor who can match and then have on file what is needed for x model tractor.

• Like 2

Sadly, it is more complicated than just finding "simplicity orange". I have a 7117 and a Sovereign 18 Hydro and they are completely different shades of orange...

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Like 1