Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Waiting to grade

Talntedmrgreen

Its been so darn soggy here and I have some gravel areas I hope to improve this spring.  This B12 has been designated as my resurfacer.  Its a real nice original machine, by way of Nebraska and Mr Wells.  A nice B12 always eluded me.

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.ac3a30c701c02898f4b1685ca6f00d7e.JPG

As I wait for things to dry I will add a right hand lift, wheel weights and front counter weight to make the Earthcavator less of a handful.  Tractor still needs cleaning, but Im real happy with the tools I have for the job. I will share photos as things progress. 

I did swap out the starter cub guard with the proper type for the HiLo, so my seat deck opening/closing issues are solved.  This is a piece usually an oversight on HiLo installs for FDTs.

IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.f7a8460d5b0494ad5b6c5b32d79681c0.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, bowhunt4life said:

Very nice original set up.

Thanks!  I am in search of a yellow lift rod for the front. I think I've given away too many over the years and left myself with nothing but orange and bronze.    

My yellow front counter weight is pretty distressed looking but should still do the trick. I'll be thrilled when I get that right hand lift mounted up. It's nearly impossible to move the earthcavator and grader blade together with no counterweight. 

I do prefer manual lift for grading work. It's difficult to control the pressure of an earthcavator with hydraulic lift. I always feel like I'm taking too big of a bite. My favorite for the earthcavator is electric lift because you can be very precise with the pressure 

• Like 1

I wondered about the hydrolift versus manual lift and that explanation makes perfect sense.

• Like 1