Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Missouri Blacksmith

Double v belt for mower deck

Missouri Blacksmith

I was considering switching pulleys and a single v belt because the double v belt was either discontinued or expensive and then I found an affordable sorce. It cross references the following. It fit perfectly.

ALLIS CHALMERS ─ 2027838
ALLIS CHALMERS ─ 72027838
SIMPLICITY ─ 108854
SIMPLICITY ─ 2027838
Belt number A-3V450/02 or 3V450/02 45" belt. $13.18

http://www.vbelts4less.com/3V45002--3V-Section-Wedge-Banded-V-Belt_p_20705.html

20170405_185131.jpg

Chris727

Will be interesting to see how it holds up. What brand is the belt? I got one from PIX and it didn't last a season. These likely aren't designed to take the twist like an OEM belt was.

Talntedmrgreen

I have only had one machine with the double V belt  and I loved it. I put it through its paces and my folks place where stuff or get real deep. I could bring a 12 horse to its knees pushing the 48 inch deck through the tall weeds and that double v belt never slipped or seem to wear at all. I always thought it was a pretty good idea but I know folks don't care for the price of the oem belt. 

I have never had a 3300 series Runningboard tractor with the foot Drager mid PTO. Does anybody know if those retained the double V design? 

Nick85
On 4/5/2017 at 8:19 PM, Missouri Blacksmith said:

I was considering switching pulleys and a single v belt because the double v belt was either discontinued or expensive and then I found an affordable sorce. It cross references the following. It fit perfectly.

ALLIS CHALMERS ─ 2027838
ALLIS CHALMERS ─ 72027838
SIMPLICITY ─ 108854
SIMPLICITY ─ 2027838
Belt number A-3V450/02 or 3V450/02 45" belt. $13.18

http://www.vbelts4less.com/3V45002--3V-Section-Wedge-Banded-V-Belt_p_20705.html

20170405_185131.jpg

Is your model a B-210? Did you just cut it down to 2V?