Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereigns at auction

JordB110

There are 2 Sovereings at an upcoming auction. How can one tell the year? Is there a date stamped on the transmission case? What years were the chassis painted gray? What years were the OHCs used? Thanks in advance, Jordan.

the serial # is on the frame on the left side .look down from the oil filter and you will see it up toward the front axle .they were painted grey from 93 to 99 or 2000 because my 1999 agco 918 is grey.the earlier ones were ohv and the newer were ohc as my agco918 has that engine in it.where are they selling and what attachments are with them?agco918 chad e shafer

Hi Chad, The auction is in Muncie, IN, tomarrow. There are "2 18HP Sovereigns, with 48" mower decks, blade, one winter cab, leaf pickup blower, 2 yard carts, 5 Lawn-Boys," and various other garden equip. Are you still looking for a mower for custom work? I've found several for sale if you ae interested. Let me know. Jordan

Jordan, If you attend the auction, please post the results and condition. That's a good barometer for the "What's it worth" questions.

JORDON: PLEASE let me know what you have found as far as tractors go.where is the auction in muncie.let me know how much the leaf vac system goes for along with the carts. I bought a lawncart today off of club member mike ward but still want to know what they go for.Would like to buy a vac system for my cart if price is right and let me know how much the cab goes for also.DO you have a salebill you can email me? would like to know who it is .IS A dealer selling stuff over there? agco918 chad e shafer

Chad, I have no way of posting a sale bill unless I re-type it. The auction is at 2800 North Lynmar, near Stoops Buick and the owners are Spencer and Marcia Bavender. If I go I will post what the items went for. I will e-mail you tomarrow about the other mowers for sale. Jordan

Jord, do you know what time the sale is? I'm not really planning on buying but Stoops isn't too far for me, about 35 minutes. If the Mrs. doesnt have something else for me to do I may go for the heck of it. Brent

Brent, the auction starts at 10:00am. Chad, Farm World has a website at www.farmworldonline.com but I could not find any sale bills.[A href='www.farmworldonline.com']www.farmworldonline.com[/a]