Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Vagabond

B10 Fire prep

Vagabond
32 minutes ago, 720nut said:

If wind is blowing like here you may want to reconsider

Calling for 8-12 mph last I checked.  Sprinkler soaking the downwind side.  .Hose and extinguishers at the ready.   House is about 200 ft + downwind.  Think that's okay?

• Like 1

Vagabond
53 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Think that's okay?

Well, I don't expect you to go out on a limb and say yes...  As you can see, there is a lot of open land here on top of the hill.  That gives me pause.  But the forecast is now calling for about 9 mph for most of the burning time.  I figure we'll get more because of the location.  We do have to call it in to the Fire Dept in the morning, so they can make the call.  No reason we can't put it off a day or two if needed.  Thanks for the heads-up. dOd

• Like 1

720nut

Just hate to see it turn out bad.

Couple years ago a little fire I had burning ended up burning a small patch into neighbors yard and fire dept. threatened me with a $1000 fine.

We play by the book now.

• Like 1

Vagabond
5 hours ago, 720nut said:

Just hate to see it turn out bad.

Couple years ago a little fire I had burning ended up burning a small patch into neighbors yard and fire dept. threatened me with a $1000 fine.

We play by the book now.

Thanks Lloyd.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet!  We checked in with the locals this morning and got the official blessing.  Fire is burning faster than I expected. And HOT!!! 

IMG_4882.JPG

• Like 2

Vagabond
58 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

I can feel my eyebrows curling just looking at your pics!O.o

You know it.  I don't know if it was the intense sun, the fire, or both, but I came away from the day looking like Moses come down from the mount, sans the tablets, of course.

• Like 2

fishnwiz
On 4/9/2017 at 8:55 PM, Vagabond said:

You know it.  I don't know if it was the intense sun, the fire, or both, but I came away from the day looking like Moses come down from the mount, sans the tablets, of course.

There's a man amongst the sheep!:D

How appropriate. ...just in time for Easter! 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

720nut
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, fishnwiz said:

I can feel my eyebrows curling just looking at your pics!O.o

Glad it all worked out , I got that feeling Sunday ,no hat bald head, ouch

• Like 1

Vagabond
On 4/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, jlasater said:

...alternately, just burn a smaller pile, and toss stuff on it as you go.

Pile had been growing for near 2 years... Very intertwined.  Some majorly confused chipmunks running around.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Marty-MN
    • steve-wis
    • Mach1martysr
    • littlefan
    • MercerRec
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts