Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"NT" Don't Bother Going

Woodydel

We're all born ignorant but, some chose to live their life "stupid". It seems these days it must be fashionable with many!!!! Know what you mean Woody, Dutch, Sam..

Dutch, " A mans got to know his limitations......" Guess I better study up on my Golden rules of buying some more and remind myself of my limitations. Also, If I'm going to have to be charitable I'd like to do it happily and willfully rather than be involuntarily picked clean by all the buzzards out there.... Besides, the government takes enough of my money for "charity" anyhow without my blessings......and gives most of it to people who don't really need it anyhow. ie: on 20/20's Give me a Break, where the one lady who was on welfare said she was poor becuase she only had ONE television and BASIC cable.............??????????.......

Dutch, You're startin to make me feel bad about selling my old .44 S&W. Harry is alive and well here, as is Rooster Cogburn, Josey Wales, Jacob McCandles ,and a host of others............

Woody, Is that the Seneca Falls near Syracuse, NY? If so, that’s quite a trip for you. Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems like you already traveled to Seneca Falls, and pointed out the parts you wanted to the “owner.” Then, wrong parts were shipped to you. Why didn’t you bring the correct parts home with you, or at least mark them with paint? Instead of arguing with some “worker,” why not just have the correct Hi/Lo parts shipped? If the owner won’t give you a refund for the shuttle parts, I’m sure someone in the club or eBay will buy them (who knows, you may even make a buck). As for the ambience, whenever a dirty old fashioned junkyard changes to a modern recycling center, the prices seem to triple or quadruple. Personally, I’d rather pay $50 for a greasy part than $200 for the same part that is cleaned and packaged in a shrink fit wrapper while I wait in a pretty customer lounge.

Actually it was a .44 Special in Stainless Steel, 6" barrel, and walnut grips . A beautifully balanced piece. I could consistently shoot 3" groups with it using factory loads. Couldn't seem to do that with the lighter weight smaller caliber handguns I had at the time.

Normally I wouldn't even talk to someone else. He came at me with the statement about my having picked the parts out on the tractor with him. He's trying to cover his mistake. He's an employee. The place is a dump and disorganized. I was trying to salvage a side trip which was taken based on testimony here, that's all. The parts were on the tractor along with the light bar and not too great lights. Do you see my lights? If I walk away and someone says they will carry out my instructions and then don't do so, am I at fault? I've been in and enjoyed junk yards since I was a kid with my Dad. I know my way around. I didn't have to mark the parts since they were the only parts like them in the dump installed on the tractor along with the lights on the same tractor. It was a wasted trip and the joker (owner) was called before about Homelite parts which was a hot subject here. He stated he had Homelite attachments and when I got there all I got was a dumb look from the owner. This all started over the procurement of Homelite parts only. It was supposed to be worth the trip..X P.S. He's already wised up and the prices are not cheap.

Never shot one of them. I had a S&W .44 mag, but it tore up the web of my hand if I wasn't wearing gloves. Traded it for a Blackhawk (still have it), but that thing rolls in my hand. The Ruger's appearance is hurting, so I bought a "pretty" nickle 6" Python. But, it just doesn't feel "right" in my hand. Still feel the most comfortable with my old 1911 (not even an A1).

Never tried a semi auto . Thought about a 9mm Browning High Power, but thought was as far as I got. At the moment I have eyes for that new Winchester 9410. Thats their old model 94 lever action chambered for .410 shotgun. I do have a use for one of those around here. I have yet to see one up close though, or get a price on one.

He's old and can't retire according to his wife. He could if he would organize his dump. I did get the "click" twice, left that out, could have been his portable phone (probably not). I can of course "resolve" it with AMEX. Don't want to do that. I don't think I'm getting a pitch, it's the fumes from all the space heaters clogging or should I say killing too many brain cells. You wouldn't want to play me. One of my now deceased brothers-in-law took two hours with me composing a letter to Milton Bradley about Monopoly rules. Two hours of drinking and arguing over wording of the letter so as to not bias the decision. OK I won, so what? Hate to say this but some upstaters are "throw backs" especially if their ancestors were the ones riding the logs down the Adirondack mountains with just 2 horses to hold back the load. (This will get me in trouble, I'm sure)..X Dutch, I forgot. hahaha

Don't feel too bad Woody. I drove 500 miles out into indiana to get a 4040 that a friend of the owner posted here on this club. I was told it had a rear PTO and a 3pt hitch. Got there and The guy was trying to tell me that the drawbar hitch was the 3 point because it had the hole for a tounge and two bolts holding it to the tractor, 1,2,3, wallah! 3 point hitch. NOBODY is that stupid! Also no rear PTO. He just shrugged his shoulders. After talking with him a bit more it was quite clear HE knew what he was doing, deception the intention. His wife gave me a excuse that he was suffering from some sort of disabling disease that would completely overwhelm him in a few short years. Sorry to hear that, but still no excuse at all for his actions. Fortunately the price was still low enough I came out of the deal all right parts wise, but had I known about the hitch and PTO I would never have gone in the first place. Theres a sucker born every minute they say, well it was me that time............... SmilinSam

Dick, Haven't been keeping up with guns for a few years. Doesn't the Bisley have "plow" grips? Don't they "roll" in your hand when firing magnum loads? Can you still hunt bear in Pa? With handguns?

I have Ruger .44 mag but it is the Bisley model----much easier on the hand. I cast my own 255 gr. Keith type SWC's and perch them atop 20.5 grs. of Hercules (now Alliant) #2400. Popped a doe with it last season. One shot thru the boiler room @ 40 yds. did it. Dick

My Bisley----note shape of grip frame. Dutch, that Python will blind em if nothin else!! Dick http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset19/2002/03/17/9133/9133159_0_9214.fpx,0,0,1,1,384,288,FFFFFF