Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jives

Sunstar/DA 1920 PTO bypass

Jives

Hi all;

Wondering about the wiring to bypass the main wiring harness to test the front electric PTO in my DA 1920 (Sunstar) Kohler magnum, early years (exhausts out the front). I'm not getting voltage to the PTO, but before I begin replacing every last thing (already a new battery and PTO switch) and digging into every last ground, I'd like to confirm that the PTO works. The current wiring harness is a mess, as the previous owner hacked up a bunch of stuff, including safety switches. The PTO had been working, but now is not. It would be simple to wire up the battery to the PTO with a simple switch, but I don't know if the interlock module or relay is necessary. 

So, can anyone give me a quick overview of what the bypass could look like?

Also, any have a good schematic of the wiring, and not the wiring harness diagram that comes with the parts manuals?

Thanks all!

Jeff

PhanDad

In the "Downloads" sections of the site, there are Simplicity "Electrical Info Manuals" for years 1990 thru 2003.  I'd check the early manuals for the wiring schematic for your tractor.

Brettw

It could also be a bad interlock module.  That might give you fits.  Also, make sure the PTO clearance is adjusted properly.  As I recall .012 is ideal for the clearance.  Too much and it may not want to engage.

Edited by Brettw

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• MikeR9285
    • SmilinSam
    • Al Truistic
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts