Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3 acres, 4 hours and 3 tanks of gas

MDB

That's what it take to mow everything here with the HB 116. This custom built FDT is my favorite for mowing.

IMG_20170422_195702638_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

Mike; being as your part of Ohio isn't noted for it's hilliness I presume this is all flat land mowing? Three acres is still a lot to mow every week. Don't work the old girl to death.  dOd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-16_IC said:

Nice machine! That is an Ericson custom correct?

Yes, built by Sam Ericson AKA Smilin Sam, he sold it to Maynard Greenwood and I was able to purchase it from Maynards estate.

• Like 1

Nice , might even hang up my Exmark with something like that--------  just kidding but nice tractor

I still like that D21 look of the AC 100 series and remember Maynard thought that tractor was special too. Nearly 50 yrs old + a quality custom rebuild and she's still going strong. Thanks for sharing Mike.

• Like 1

I thought I remembered you getting that from Maynard's  estate. Nice to see it's earning it's keep. 

Nice unit! HB-112 is my favorite L&G tractor. Had lots of fun on one when it was new!  I enjoy mowing, but 48'' a swath is to slow for me. We use a 40 hp. 4wd compact hydro with 12' 3 section finish mower and wish we had 15' one.

• Like 1