Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Felt like kickin some grass

Talntedmrgreen

Had a bit of time to play with a few of the Allied Attachments to help prep the lawn.  I would have preferred to do it a bit sooner, but didn't have a lawn sweeper yet, and it was much needed, after thatching.  

Used the B-12 for the Gill Spiker, and plopped one of my Allis dozer/forklift weights on to give it some bite (140lbs worth).  That implement is not meant to be lifted, but I ran a chain to it, to help with crossing the driveway.  I had to buy a B-10 package in Northern MI last year to get it...one of only 2 I have come across, and in excellent shape.

The HB-112 did raking and sweeping with the E-Z Rake and Parker Trailerette.  The sweeper came from ebay, and MarksA-C was kind enough to bring it this way during his visit Saturday.  The E-Z Rake is the 8th one I have drug home, but the only one complete, and with Simplicity/AC hitch.  Front mount is the way to go...you can really put it where you want it, and it's easier to avoid obstacles and edge along hard surfaces.  Plus, no engine to take care of.

18121070_1976750655932156_8269295089688553698_o.thumb.jpg.3562da6746f83b12e728007e39c4692f.jpg

18155853_1976750505932171_9003114614592768074_o.thumb.jpg.fa4cb619bea277bd6b34e892154fa757.jpg

18121491_1976750415932180_7190629630061552424_o.thumb.jpg.e29245142b1fc0c5e8bfae7e8bd7212d.jpg

18121302_1976750499265505_1861464713749043479_o.jpg

• Like 5

Can you run mower deck with detacther ?

I have dethacther on my exmark and we mow as we dethatch, does nice job

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

Can you run mower deck with detacther ?

I have dethacther on my exmark and we mow as we dethatch, does nice job

Yeah...the rake uses the front PTO and deck uses mid pto.  I know Levi uses his rake, deck and Rear vac simultaneously but Im betting you would want at least 16hp to run all that. I like to thatch before the grass gets growing fast, so theres really nothing to mow with the deck at this point. 

Sweeeeet ...I was hoping for a video of the cotton picking machine I found for you a few weeks back but this will do for now.sm03

57 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

Sweeeeet ...I was hoping for a video of the cotton picking machine I found for you a few weeks back but this will do for now.sm03

Im afraid this is as close as I will get to picking cotton!

8 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Yeah...the rake uses the front PTO and deck uses mid pto.  I know Levi uses his rake, deck and Rear vac simultaneously but Im betting you would want at least 16hp to run all that. I like to thatch before the grass gets growing fast, so theres really nothing to mow with the deck at this point. 

We don't Vac just dethachand mow leaves a very nice looking yard.

I maybe doing one if so I'll get pictures

Something wrong with this picture Josh. Here you are working all day on your yard and the neighbour is leaving for a camping trip. Is he all caught up with yard work or are you running behind? 666

7 minutes ago, B10Dave said:

Something wrong with this picture Josh. Here you are working all day on your yard and the neighbour is leaving for a camping trip. Is he all caught up with yard work or are you running behind? 666

Ha...he actually sold it that day, and was hauling it away.  Noone around me actually does all of these things to their lawn, and I probably dont need to either.  But SWMBO doesnt know that :J

• Like 1

I love the ez rake, one of my more valuable attachments. Rips the thatch and makes for yard maintenance. I need to put new springs on mine though, thankfully they are still available.

Nice pics and video. Spent many hours pulling one of those Parker lawn sweeps when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Josh, it sure is fun using this little stuff isn't it? I have the same sweeper though mine isn't so pretty, it works great! I also have a much larger side dump model I need to try out. 

11 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Never heard of a Gill Spiker Josh and I chase info on allied equipment (I thought). Nice

The Gill is mentioned a few times in the brochures   Heres a sales sheet I have in my Allied Equip literature  

20150808_113100.jpg

6 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Josh; is the roller part of the spiker solid or hollow? May be in the mood to make one.

Hollow.  It doesnt penetrate well without something setting on top.  But since its relatively narrow, with that 140lb weight on there, it worked nice as a lawn roller/mole hill squasher too. 

• Like 1