Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction Results

Brent_Baumer

Carl seemed to think they were early to mid 90's. If anyone knows when they started using the Kohler twin OHV CH18's in them that would be a good indicator. Both tractors were pretty clean, but the rubber on the tires was well worn. Both had rust around the rectangular headllights. Also, I thought the hours must be high to already have had a shot gearbox. Both tractors were hydros with hydraulic lift. No rear lift included on either, one rear lift had been included with the revitalizer. This guy had several lawnboy pushmowers as well, and not a very big yard so I wondered if he didn't mow commercially with the Soveriegns. Can't wait to try the blade. I was expecting it to measure 42", but it measures exactly 40" across. Brent

those tractors were stold at that price even with the gearbox out of one.those tractors in good condition should bring at least $1500.00 to $2500.00. where the lawncarts allis chalmers or simplicity? agco918 chad e shafer

I didn't see any logos on the carts, but didn't look at the tail gates. I wasn't interested in them so I didn't pay that much attention. They were orange and pretty small. Brent

Both carts were Simplicity. I too thought the tractors were a steal. Brent, I saw you there but I didn't get a chance to talk to you, I got there right when the mowers were selling. Did you leave right after you picked up the grader blade? Jordan

Yep. Left right then. I was getting hungry. Nothing else there left that I wanted. Was also interested in some of the woodworking tools that sold earlier but went for more than I was willing to spend. Maybe I'll see you at the next sale. Brent

The graders made for the Broadmoors measure 40" and were not as tall the ones for the Larger Garden tractors which measure 42". The hitch points are also closer together on the 40" blade than the 42". The Auction at Annawan Illinois today yielded the following of interest: Big Ten garden Tractor with L-12 loader. Rough condition needing extensive small repairs and a basic restoration brought $875. (I quit bidding at $850).....and , Yes, it was in rather poor shape. Pretty good 416 Shuttle with only a deck brought just short of $800 Yours truly only brought home another front counterweight to sell and a whole bunch of NOS Clinton engine odds & ends and B&S odds & ends to group and put on Ebay. Really there wasn't much there compared to previous sales. I should have been at your sale Brent, I could have run most of those prices up quite a bit more. Looks like things there went cheap to me. SmilinSam

Just returned from the auction Jordan mentioned in Muncie with the 2 Soveriegns. Here are the results: Soveriegn #1 - Well used for age. Bad gear box. Gearbox cover was off and was missing internal parts. Had Kohler CH18 twin cylinder included partially disassembed 48" deck. Sold for $1150. Soveriegn #2 - Well used. Supposedly in good working order. Same exact tractor as #1. Included nice 48" deck. Sold for $950. (Yes - LESS than #1!) Same guy bought it. Lawn Revitilizer and Rear lift - Sold for $100 Leaf Vacuum #1 complete w/ cart & hose - $200 Leaf Vacuum #2 complete w/ cart & hose. Broken drive pully - $125 Snow Cab looked complete in fair shape - $125 Rear tire chains - $25 Cast iron rear weights - $65 And best of all 40" BELLY GRATER BLADE. Hardly, if ever, used sold for $65 to yours truly (FINALLY got one!) Also met fellow club member Carl Harcourt at the sale. Very friendly and knowledgeable fellow. Brent

Brent, any idea what year these tractors were? Seem high for the condition. Congradulation on scoring the most fun attachment I own, hope you enjoy it..MPH

Sam, Just e-mailed you a photo. My image host isn't working right now for some reason. It won't let me upload any photos. Brent