Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

IDENTIFYING SIMPLICITY EQUIPMENT

MARK (LI)

Question

Hey   my name is Mark   I live on Long Island   just joined this group today   I have had a few small John Deere lawn tractors and have enjoyed using them and working on them. My most recent JD ... a STX38 is on its last legs so I started looking around at JDs and Cubs...then I discovered these Simplicity tractors and I cannot believe the difference in the quality of the Simplicities....So I am looking for one and was wondering if there is any reference material in which I would be able to check compatibility of attachments...I am going out to look at a few tractors this weekend...I need a bagger system and none of the equipment I have scheduled to check out comes with a bagger system...also going to be looking for a snow blower for it....but I want to know that what I pick up will fit on and be compatible with whatever I do ultimately buy....tractordata has a good amount of information, but I am seeing a lot of stuff for sale that tractordata does not cover...would appreciate any help...thank you   Mark

Edited by MARK (LI)

4 answers to this question

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, MARK (LI) said:

Hey   my name is Mark   I live on Long Island   just joined this group today   I have had a few small John Deere lawn tractors and have enjoyed using them and working on them. My most recent JD ... a STX38 is on its last legs so I started looking around at JDs and Cubs...then I discovered these Simplicity tractors and I cannot believe the difference in the quality of the Simplicities....So I am looking for one and was wondering if there is any reference material in which I would be able to check compatibility of attachments...I am going out to look at a few tractors this weekend...I need a bagger system and none of the equipment I have scheduled to check out comes with a bagger system...also going to be looking for a snow blower for it....but I want to know that what I pick up will fit on and be compatible with whatever I do ultimately buy....tractordata has a good amount of information, but I am seeing a lot of stuff for sale that tractordata does not cover...would appreciate any help...thank you   Mark

Welcome to the club. As a suggestion, you'll probably get far response by going to "Talking tractors", If by chance you post something, a moderator will move to  w hat he thinks is an appropriate forum. Any if you go to the "Downloads" forum under "manuals, other", you'll find a "What Fits" downloadable files. That should get you a taste. Most options are downloadable from the Simplicity MFG site.

Thank you for your input...I did find a tractor   I picked up a Broadmoor 14 Hydro with a 38" deck and a snow blower ...I can't believe people think JD is the best after trying a Simplicity what a difference in the quality of the machineDSCN2234.thumb.jpg.981b5f4bd7e5a0f5aa78d474d568cc15.jpgDSCN2237.thumb.jpg.bf95349909e3de572daeb03ddbe973bb.jpg

John Deere are like belly buttons - everybody has one.  But friends don't let friends drive John Deere.

• Like 2

Mark, Welcome to the club,  this is a great group of folks with a wealth of knowledge.  I apologize that I cannot help you too much at the moment as I am still getting to grips with the new website structure.  FYI There's a bunch of us who meet up each year in the early spring in northwest Ohio,  welcome  again , and I am confident that your journey with simplicity tractors will be fun and very rewarding.  But be careful it is easy to be a  tractorholic :-) Best Regards, Colin  

Edited by colincox1
Forgot something
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jac
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts