Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

IDENTIFYING SIMPLICITY EQUIPMENT

MARK (LI)

Question

Hey   my name is Mark   I live on Long Island   just joined this group today   I have had a few small John Deere lawn tractors and have enjoyed using them and working on them. My most recent JD ... a STX38 is on its last legs so I started looking around at JDs and Cubs...then I discovered these Simplicity tractors and I cannot believe the difference in the quality of the Simplicities....So I am looking for one and was wondering if there is any reference material in which I would be able to check compatibility of attachments...I am going out to look at a few tractors this weekend...I need a bagger system and none of the equipment I have scheduled to check out comes with a bagger system...also going to be looking for a snow blower for it....but I want to know that what I pick up will fit on and be compatible with whatever I do ultimately buy....tractordata has a good amount of information, but I am seeing a lot of stuff for sale that tractordata does not cover...would appreciate any help...thank you   Mark

Edited by MARK (LI)

4 answers to this question

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, MARK (LI) said:

Hey   my name is Mark   I live on Long Island   just joined this group today   I have had a few small John Deere lawn tractors and have enjoyed using them and working on them. My most recent JD ... a STX38 is on its last legs so I started looking around at JDs and Cubs...then I discovered these Simplicity tractors and I cannot believe the difference in the quality of the Simplicities....So I am looking for one and was wondering if there is any reference material in which I would be able to check compatibility of attachments...I am going out to look at a few tractors this weekend...I need a bagger system and none of the equipment I have scheduled to check out comes with a bagger system...also going to be looking for a snow blower for it....but I want to know that what I pick up will fit on and be compatible with whatever I do ultimately buy....tractordata has a good amount of information, but I am seeing a lot of stuff for sale that tractordata does not cover...would appreciate any help...thank you   Mark

Welcome to the club. As a suggestion, you'll probably get far response by going to "Talking tractors", If by chance you post something, a moderator will move to  w hat he thinks is an appropriate forum. Any if you go to the "Downloads" forum under "manuals, other", you'll find a "What Fits" downloadable files. That should get you a taste. Most options are downloadable from the Simplicity MFG site.

Thank you for your input...I did find a tractor   I picked up a Broadmoor 14 Hydro with a 38" deck and a snow blower ...I can't believe people think JD is the best after trying a Simplicity what a difference in the quality of the machineDSCN2234.thumb.jpg.981b5f4bd7e5a0f5aa78d474d568cc15.jpgDSCN2237.thumb.jpg.bf95349909e3de572daeb03ddbe973bb.jpg

John Deere are like belly buttons - everybody has one.  But friends don't let friends drive John Deere.

• Like 2

Mark, Welcome to the club,  this is a great group of folks with a wealth of knowledge.  I apologize that I cannot help you too much at the moment as I am still getting to grips with the new website structure.  FYI There's a bunch of us who meet up each year in the early spring in northwest Ohio,  welcome  again , and I am confident that your journey with simplicity tractors will be fun and very rewarding.  But be careful it is easy to be a  tractorholic :-) Best Regards, Colin  

Edited by colincox1
Forgot something
  • Like 1