Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Location of neutral release on hydros???

MPH

The 4040 has a 3-range hydro. and the lever in under, and in front of the seat on the left hand side (when seated). Forward and down is 1st, forward and up is second and back and down is 3rd. Of course, neutral is in the middle and you'll know as the lever will easily slide forward and back. Nice Find! Jeff

I'll agree with Jeff on a nice find. Just the blade on the 4040 must be worth $300-400 alone. Did you find a suitable trailer yet? Paul

Paul, I did get a 16ft rail trailer to use, with luck I should post some pics Sunday nite. Is the only difference between the 4040 and the 4041 the hp? Haven't found info to really compare the two and wondering if the 4040 has the rear PTO, 3pt and same hydralics as the bigger guys..thanks MPH

Marty, Only significant difference is HP. There were some minor changes to the transmission gearcase as well. Front hydraulics, PTO, 3pt Hitch, Hourmeter etc. were all optional equipment on each of the models. Hydrostatic transmission/hydraulic pump is exactly the same. I do have a CCKB 19.5 HP motor for sale that will fit. Paul

As I have never looked at the tranny on a 3314 or 4040 Simplicity where might I find the neutral release's on these two models?? I may need to know this REAL soon. Just talked to the owner of the pair I found, he wants 600 for them, the 4040 is suppose to run, the 3314 is missing engine parts, which I saw, but have a 14 hp gilson to strip. Only attachment is a blade on the 4040. Thanks for any feedback..MPH

If the 3314 has a Vickers hydro on it there is a lever on the back side of rear end, positioned just to the right of where the rear lift arm would be. move it to the left to disengage.If its a Sunstrand lift the seat assy and there will be a flat piece of tin that can be moved up or down. The down position is the free wheeling post. I don't know about the 4040. Congratulations and good luck. Scott