Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Appro wt????

MPH
Steve, thanks for the wt. Got my ole dodge hooked up to a 16 ft rail trailer so if she can pull the hills I should be home by dark Sunday nite. Paul, the 4040 hasn't run in awhile though the thinks we can jump it to raise the blade. I'd rather not cold start it with who knows what for oil in it, how hard is it to take the blade off???Are they like the B series, or close??thanks MPH

powermax_paul
Marty, Piece of cake to take blade off. The blade is held in place by two 5/8" pins with hairpin clips. There's also a pin thru the cylinder with a hairpin clip to remove also. Shouldn't take more than 60 seconds to disconnect. You'll have to disconnect the quick connect hydraulic fittings too. Seems like the bigger the tractors are, the easier the attachments are to remove/attach. Paul