Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Appro wt????

MPH

The fever has my heart a pumpin. Tryin to come up with a legal trailer to go 200 miles with, anybody know the appr wt of the 3314 and 4040??MPH

Marty, You thinkin about getting a "real serious" garden tractor? Hop on a Powermax and that WILL get your blood pumping! Paul

Steve, thanks for the wt. Got my ole dodge hooked up to a 16 ft rail trailer so if she can pull the hills I should be home by dark Sunday nite. Paul, the 4040 hasn't run in awhile though the thinks we can jump it to raise the blade. I'd rather not cold start it with who knows what for oil in it, how hard is it to take the blade off???Are they like the B series, or close??thanks MPH

Marty, Piece of cake to take blade off. The blade is held in place by two 5/8" pins with hairpin clips. There's also a pin thru the cylinder with a hairpin clip to remove also. Shouldn't take more than 60 seconds to disconnect. You'll have to disconnect the quick connect hydraulic fittings too. Seems like the bigger the tractors are, the easier the attachments are to remove/attach. Paul

Marty, Get a good night's sleep, and keep your mind on the road. You'll have plenty of time to appreciate your "find" later. Have a safe trip.........

Mike, mine is a little less than 740#, missing starter/gen and top half of hydro, and lift arm. I'd guess with the 4040 blade I had about 2200 on..MPH