Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Crazy Talk .....

whistlefire

So, im looking for a revitalizer and i surely will find one sooner later...but..I was thinking. Do you think a 42" snowblower could be converted into one? I know this sounds crazy but it really wouldn't be that difficult. Do you think the snowblower "parts" could handle that type of abuse? I have a plethora of cutters, tools and welding experience, that with some cutting + few mods im sure i could make one...

220558.jpg

Edited by whistlefire

I don't think it's crazy talk, but I think even if you pay a higher $ than most people spend for a revitalizer, you will still be $ ahead vs. destroying a very nice blower as you are showing in the picture.  Not to mention the time & trial & error for something that may possibly not work as well as the real thing.  I just purchased one last week.  Looked for a long time & paid $450 for it with the pulleys.  Tines are alright but will need to be replaced at some point.  Josh posted one in the Craigslist forum a few days ago.  It was in Fort Wayne IN for $200.  I don't know if the pulleys were included but if you need them they will run you a picture of Benjamin Franklin on green or blue paper.  That one didn't last long.  Even if you find one of the smaller ones for the small frame tractors, there is a write up on installing to a large frame tractor.

Just my opinion & welcome to the club.

• Like 1

Nothing is crazy..........if you have the time and the materials.  However, you are talking about converting a horse to fish, not a horse to a donkey.  A lot of major differences.  Front vs. rear mount, completely different configurations and pulley alignment.  Completely different gearing and housings.  No wheels ve. wheeled adjustment.   I would think maybe a tiller conversion, or a small frame revitalizer conversion, or just throw a blanket offer out there for 600 bux for a large frame revitalizer in good condition, and you would be waaaaaaaayyy ahead of the game.  IMHO  Results may vary, consult your local fabricator for details................ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaunE said:

I don't think it's crazy talk, but I think even if you pay a higher $ than most people spend for a revitalizer, you will still be $ ahead vs. destroying a very nice blower as you are showing in the picture.  Not to mention the time & trial & error for something that may possibly not work as well as the real thing.  I just purchased one last week.  Looked for a long time & paid $450 for it with the pulleys.  Tines are alright but will need to be replaced at some point.  Josh posted one in the Craigslist forum a few days ago.  It was in Fort Wayne IN for $200.  I don't know if the pulleys were included but if you need them they will run you a picture of Benjamin Franklin on green or blue paper.  That one didn't last long.  Even if you find one of the smaller ones for the small frame tractors, there is a write up on installing to a large frame tractor.

Just my opinion & welcome to the club.

Thanks for the reply. I have a 42" blower, not the one in the picture though and want it to stay a blower. I see the blowers all the time for sale in pittsburgh for about $100 - $200. I talked to guy in FortWayne but it was far and before i could plan to drive there it was gone. Do you think the drive train of the snowblower would be strong enough? I was thinking chop off the shute and add a cover plate, remove the auger drum with a heavy pipe with tines welded to it. Maybe chop some of the sides off so it could be closer to the earth. Finally, add some wheels on a slotted hole or a screw adjuster like the 42" decks...I probably wont do it, but, the more i look at my blower, the more it seems like it could work, maybe even quite well...Im going to look for a ugly blower on craigslist, if i find one really cheap, it might be a fun experiment anyway. Thanks for the welcome!

Keep looking.  A blower is not the direction you want to go for a revitalizer.  They will come up, eventually, but the snow blower-to- revitalizer is not a preferred option, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Kenh said:

You would be better off converting a tiller IMO.

Ken

That would be my suggestion. It is more like what you are shooting for. 

Now that snow blower would  make a great leaf mulcher....well maybe not great but it does fling them quite a distance!!!

Harry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I had to stop back and post these pictures. I learned it really pays to keep your wanted add on craigslist for a long long time...I have had a wanted add over a year now. I got a text from a guy who had a revitalizer and a snow blower, (this was the only revitalizer hit ever got) he wanted them gone together.I got both for $100, he named the price! It was only 1h15m  away from home. The snow blower is decent but i already have a nice one. The revitalizer however is a beauty! Its hard to believe this has been stored in doors, has a light film oil on the entire thing, and couldn't have been used more than twice. Im really excited about this so i wanted to share! cant wait to try it out! These pictures are today as soon as a took them out of the truck, no cleaning!

IMG_3633.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3640.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tadams said:

The only picture missing is the mask and gun you used to steel it.  sm01

lol:ph34r:

5 hours ago, PGL said:

And the chains too?  They alone could be worth the price.

Yeah, i didnt even notice them until i got home. They were stuffed inside the blower!

Whistlefire That was a good deal , I recently purchased a 3310H landlord for 50 lmao I love those deals and I would not mind having a blower for that, I got a front blade and chains with it but I would rather use a blower then a blade. I gotta wonder how well that 10hp would run a blower.

• Like 1

nice find!  I have one that I got a good deal on too, but it took a 16 hour day to drive there and back for it.  I'm kinda thinking about getting rid of my large frame stuff and just keeping my small frame...but I need to find a revitalizer.  They work great for what they are.  

• Like 1

Okay, I grew up on a farm, have  been working with lawn tractors for 18 years now, and have no idea what a revitalizer is. Looks like a tiller w/o the cutting edges. What is it used for?
Never mind; googled the answer and found it on a really neat forum! ;)
https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/37408-lawn-revitalizer-attachment/

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, docs said:

Whistlefire That was a good deal , I recently purchased a 3310H landlord for 50 lmao I love those deals and I would not mind having a blower for that, I got a front blade and chains with it but I would rather use a blower then a blade. I gotta wonder how well that 10hp would run a blower.

B-10 does well with a 42" blower...i do it all the time...The only thing i wish was i had a hydraulic lift.

Edited by whistlefire

Please watch the video. Maybe i have the wrong belt? It was on the revitalizer already so i assume its correct? Or maybe that belt is for a different tractor? 

Looks like the routing is correct. I'm guessing it is the wrong belt, or wrong belt for your model. Not sure if there are different belt lengths for different model tractors. I'm sure someone will chime in soon

• Like 1