Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

912 help

720nut

Know I'm supposed to know all this but ??  Hub that bolts to engine anyone know what the dimentions  are or better yet have picture or even one you would sell

Got a 14hp Kohler gave to me and need to hook it up. Thanks in advance

Edited by 720nut

Hello, I think You need the rubber donut too !  Do you have a driveshaft ? 

I have the aluminum adapter  that was used on the command  and triad motors  I also have a rust free rear fender deck  & running boards that you can have !

Thanks Ken in Mi

2 hours ago, maxwood said:

Hello, I think You need the rubber donut too !  Do you have a driveshaft ? 

I have the aluminum adapter  that was used on the command  and triad motors  I also have a rust free rear fender deck  & running boards that you can have !

Thanks Ken in Mi

Ken I have driveshaft, just got 14hp Kohler gave to me so I'm going to fix it

Do you have the original 12hp?  If so it would have the drive shaft adaptor and everything you need.   They were the same on all Kohler K and Magnum engines of all sizes.

Mike no I don't have original 12, matter of fact this engine is red ?

I  have everything but adapter.

Edited by 720nut

As far as the rubber donut goes, Al Eden mentioned years ago ,  the KT engines were the only ones that really required it and Simplicity used them across the board.  I have seen some repowered tractors where 2:" spacers were used along with the flex disc and special washers..   

Not to hijack the thread, but am curious why the KT engines require the donut?  I have one KT17 with the donut and another that uses spacers and the flex disc.  Am I inviting disaster?

Simple question, where do I find the wiring diagram for this tractor?   I'm not real good at researching  this stuff.

And what's this rubber disc you refer to ?  Is it needed ?

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, Snojetter said:

Not to hijack the thread, but am curious why the KT engines require the donut?  I have one KT17 with the donut and another that uses spacers and the flex disc.  Am I inviting disaster?

Here is a similar reply written by the late Al Eden, 05Dec05  considered a Simplicity tractor guru

Roy regarding the driveshaft. Simplicity used the coupler that was manufactured by Lord with a special size and soft composition elastometer. The purpose was to reduce the backlash on the bevel gear box and thus reduce noise. When Simplicity took the opposed alternate firing twins out and put the V twins in the noise level in the bevel gear case increased significantly. This caused by the fact that V twins fire like a Harley, and the impulses are spaced wide and close, wide and close. This causes the gears to "bounce" back and forth with no load and this raises the noise level. The TH engine had fiberglass disks because it ran a little smoother and was expected to be really the engine of tomorrow. The also first used these couplers with the alternate firing twins and I think maybe in 1 or 2 singles. The other thing is the drive shaft has a nose on it and it extends into the bushing installed in the engine. Thus the coupling only deals with torque issues and not anything with alignment and vibration issues. I have discussed the fiberglass disks with a design engineer at Simplicity and he told me I would not have a problem with the disk except, for the noise issue. Is this long enough to put you to sleep? sorry, Al Eden

Thanks guys guess I'll look at the 916 I just bought and see what it has and copy

912 does have the fiber disc on shaft