Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blessed on tractor trip

MPH

Marty----- Glad to hear trip went so fine. Ya lucky dude, you now own one of the biggies! Cant wait to hear the story behind it. Was the seller a dealer or private individual? What extras did you get? Was the Mopar up to the hauling task? Dick

Marty, We have a saying around here which covers missing the blizzard in Anchorage. "Even an old blind pig picks up an acorn every now and then." Congratulations on the new equipment. Ron

Dick, the seller was a long time Alaskan, collector of rusting iron, intended use doesn't matter. The 4040 blade was the only attachment. The ole dodge made me proud, only 2 'hills' got 3rd gear, one of which, Tenderfoot, Shuts most truckers down to about 20mph. Put it in 4 lock and backed the trailer though the snow right to the tractors..MPH

Had to havin someone above watching out for me on my tractor pick-up trip today, beautiful sunny sky, melting on the streets of North Pole, and now I just heard on the 10pm news Anchorage got hammered with 26-30 inches of snow today..MPH