Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PowerMax rear wheel part number

TimJr

Does anyone out there have an Allis Chalmers 616/620/720 parts book?  I need the Allis Chalmers part number for the Ag rear wheels  (8-16 tire).  I have some old Allis microfiche, but I cannot read the whole number with certainty.  Hopefully an old book is around somewhere to get the AC number.  I have the Simplicity number, but in this case I need the Allis number to know if what I am looking for is right.  Or, I need one rear wheel for the Ag tires - don't need the rubber, just a good wheel.  Thanks, Tim

Hmm, on the microfiche, the number for the Ag wheel is one of the following - I am not able to tell if they are 6's or 8's, and the 5 could be a 6.  These are my guesses.  From the 616/620 fiche -  72087963-5 or 72067963-5.  From the 720 fiche 2087953.  My reader is fairly small, and my large AC reader is put away.  Tim

Ok, the number you gave 2028910, superceded to 2087953 at some point.  Just to confirm, that is for the skinny Ag wheel, right?   Both NLA from AGCO and Simplicity.  Do you know what year your parts book was printed?  Just curious the difference in the part number since the fiche listed what must be the same number for each generation of tractor ( I just can't read them with 100% certainty, but they all probably listed 2087953).  It is funny how on the AC side the numbers were sometimes listed with the 7 as a prefix, or sometimes used the -X after the number.  I am not sure what the -X was for.  For many years, I knew that adding the 7 to the beginning basically converted the old Allis number to the new Deutz Allis numbering system.

There is a part number cross reference on simpletractors.net (the old site), if you have the simplicity number, you can look up the Allis Chalmers number.

That said, the 16 x 8 wheels used on the Case 446 etc fit just fine, the offset is slightly different. I have set of Simplicy wheels on one tractor and the Case wheels on another, it is hard to tell that they are not the same.

Miller Tire has a 16 x 8 six lug wheel with 1-1/8 offset for $70.00 That offset has to be close to what the original wheels were.

John U

• Like 1