Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

siplicity 4040

EdWhitford

hello all, my name is ed .i bought an 4040 and i am looking for information,equipment,3 point front & rear pto's,suggestions & insight as to the up keep & availlibility of items for my unit.this is all that i know/have on my 4040. 1.onan motor model #ccka-ms2026g or it might be an 0 2.serial # 0472434088. i have a 54" mower deck & i just bought a front snow blade for it,i have orderd a owners manuel & repair manuel for it. my future planes for my 4040 are to make it look new & to keep it in tip top shape hopefully without having to spend a mint on doing it. along with the list up above i would like to know the correct piant color's & where i can get somthing like a decale kit,(i like to keep my equipment running & looking great). if anyone could help me out in any way i would trully appreciate it as my local simplicity dealer seems to think that it is a lost cause & a wast of time, i would like to prove them wrong! thank you for your time & help, ed. whitford@core.com

Ed, Welcome to the club! I would suggest that you use the "search" function in the discussion section. You can add the Simplicity 4041, 9020 and even the AC 616, 620, 720 to expand your searches. They are all essentially the same tractor. I think reading all the previous posts will help you quite a lot, and probably answer most of your questions. Good luck and have fun! IMHO, your dealer is way off base, as these fine tractors are well worth the effort. Attached is a picture of my 4040 hybrid (converted to 20 hp). Jeff http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/exportImage.asp?s=cano&i=9131097&w=640&h=480>

Peter, It's a 1972 model. No power steering on any of the PowerMax's, but the steering is so good on this particular tractor, you don't need it. It would be nice to have with a loader, though. I guess its not too bad of a job, to install power steering on these PowerMax's - a few clubmembers have. Click the link for more info. on the tractor, as it is for sale. Jeff [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/For_sale_ad.asp?MsgID=3001&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/For_sale_ad.asp?MsgID=3001&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

Jeff: Nice Pow'r Max--the cameral angle really accentuates the nice lines of the tractor--love that long hood! What year is your tractor. Do those Pow'r Max's all have power steering? Peter

hello & thank you for your advice jeff i am going thru the discussoin list & serching for information & help with my 4040. here are some new develipments to my work 1,happen to have looked across the feild over to my neighbor and to my supprise he was out on his 9020(at the time it looked like a 4040)so i waived him down and met him for the first time since we moved, he was able to help me a little bit i would reely like to swicht with him as he & his brothe own 3 of them with the attachments,down side to the meet was the phone number that he gave me for another gentlmen who repiars/sell's older simplicity tractors has been disconnected. 2, i placed an order in for a new feul pump rebiuld kit as well as a carb kit to hopefully fix my starting problem that i am having since i replaced the points & condencer i have got spark but no starting.when i did have it running befor this when i shut it down a pool of gas would be sitting on top of the motor & it looked to be comming from the pump & carb. the first things that i realy need other than getting to run agian is the 3 point & pto units for it. if any body has an idea as to where i can find them new or used please let me know & thank agian.[A href='whitford@core.com'][img src='whitford@core.com'][/a]